𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. goodbye for now

..⃗. 🧃 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗'𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥  ━━━━  𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
( GOODBYE FOR NOW ) *:・゚

A BLUE HUE gradually replaced the dark nighttime sky in the time Amy had finally fallen asleep. Her mother woke her up at 7am telling her that breakfast was waiting for her in the kitchen. It was a quick and easy breakfast for her to eat, so they can be on their way as soon as possible. Ms. Valez wasn't going to stay in New York with her daughter, she was just simply driving her there. She and her ex-husband didn't end in terrible terms and since the divorce happened so long ago, the two were able to make small talk whenever they saw each other. Other than that, they never spoke.

         Amy was ecstatic to go to New York. She loves seeing her dad and spending time with him, she loves seeing the few friends she made there, she loves going to Washington Square Park and reading a good book. New York summers were ruthless, but special to her.

         But then, the excitement died down when she remembered all the texts to Matt. She wanted him to show up, he had to show up. She didn't exactly know what she'd say if he did show, but she'd figure it out on the spot.

         Her suitcase and PINK duffle bag were in the living room and she scoured the bags to make sure she had everything she needed. Her mom was rushing in the kitchen, making sure to bring snacks and water for the road. The second Amy put on her shoes, three knocks were heard on the door. She went over to check who it was through the peephole before opening the door.

         Nick instantly smiled when his eyes laid on his best friend. "Amy! C'mon, Jasmine and Spencer are outside already. Chris is coming down in a few minutes and so should Matt."

        "Wait, Matt said he's coming down?" She inquired with that sliver of hope from last night.

         He went silent for a moment before saying, "Um, not exactly. When we told him you were leaving today he just said that he knows and that was it. I mean, he should be coming to see you. I'm gonna be very upset if he doesn't."

         Ms. Valez appeared from the kitchen and into the living room with everything she needed. "Amy, get your stuff and let's go. Hi, Nick." She smiled, upon seeing the brown haired boy.

         "Hey, Carla. I'm gonna miss you these next three and a half hours." He smiled back.

        Amy grabbed her stuff from the couch and scoffed taking offense, "I'm gonna be gone for almost three months and you care more about my mother being gone for three hours? I see where your loyalty lies."

        "Duh, I love your mother."

         Ms. Valez went over to Nick and hugged him, "It's been a while since we hung out, my sweet boy. Thank God, Amy won't be here for a while, we can hang out now." She joked.

         "Oh, yeah, definitely."

         "Okay, let's go 'cause I can't take this bullying from my best friend and my own mother anymore." Amy walked past Nick and her mom to the driveway. While Amy and her friends say goodbye, Ms. Valez would be waiting for her in the car.

         Jasmine and Spencer were waiting for her in her driveway right near her mom's car. They were both looking at something on Spencer's phone, but quickly averted their attention to Amy when she stepped out of the house.

"Amy!" Jasmine exclaimed, her and Amy running to each other and meeting in the middle to embrace each other. "I'm gonna miss you so much. How am I gonna spend these few months without you? I barely survived before I met you." She exaggerated.

"Jas, you'll see me every day when I call you. Also, I'm not even gonna be away for that long." She assured her before admitting, "But, I'm gonna miss you too."

The two girls let go of the hug with Jasmine's hands on Amy's shoulders smiling and Amy's hands on her arms reciprocating the expression. They finally let go of each other when Jasmine said, "Ha, I knew you were gonna miss me!"

"Okay, move out of the way, Jas. It's my turn." Spencer spoke, lightly shoving her out the way.

The two hugged. It wasn't as long as Jasmine and Amy's though. When they stopped, he told her, "Call me whenever you're not busy because I still have to teach you how to play more instruments. And make sure you keep practicing with the guitar."

"Yeah, I know, don't worry. I think my dad has his own guitar and keyboard." She replied.

"Ugh, your dad is so cool." He complimented.

"What is with you and Nick and my parents?" She joked. Nick and Spencer both glanced at each other with grins before quickly looking back at Amy.

"I don't know, your parents are just cool, I guess. Bye, have a safe trip." He told her.

It was now Nick's turn to properly say his goodbye to Amy for the summer with a hug. He hated not seeing her in person until September. "Love you so much, I'm gonna miss you. Call me every day or I'm gonna hunt you down in New York."

"Love you, too. You better answer my calls every day or I'm gonna hunt you down in Boston." She responded.

When they pulled apart they saw Chris leave the house. He ran across the yard to Amy and hugged her. "Talk to us when you can 'cause Jasmine's gonna bother me about how much she misses you." He teased.

"It's the other way around." Jasmine corrected.

"Love you, idiot." Chris told her, pulling apart from her and leaving one of his arms around her as he changed his position to stand next to her.

"Love you, too, stupid."

Silence filled the air upon the group, waiting for one last person. They all knew who they were waiting for and even if they weren't told why, they still knew the reason. All of their gazes were on the Sturniolo house waiting for the front door to open. Amy started to fidget with the rings on her fingers. He had to show up. He had to. He always did.

A minute passed. And then soon another minute.

The group jumped when they heard the car horn honk. For the first time in several minutes, they all looked away from the house and at the car. Amy's mom rolled down her window, "Sorry, guys. I think we have to go now. It's a long drive ahead of us." She noticed Matt wasn't there like he usually was. She didn't know exactly why he wasn't there, but she still felt bad for leaving before he could come down. Whatever it was, she knew her daughter was going to tell her what happened during the drive.

And just like that, all the hope Amy and the rest of the group have had diminished. The group frowned in sympathy for the girl, but she just shrugged. She didn't want sympathy, she wanted to be reassured that she didn't ruin her relationship with Matt before it could even progress to what they wanted it to be.

She waved goodbye to her friends before walking to the other side of the car and getting into the passenger's seat. The group still stood in front of her house, watching the car drive away.

When the car was completely off in the distance and out of sight, Nick looked at Spencer and Jasmine. "Can you guys excuse Chris and I for a moment? We're just gonna have a chat with Matt and then we can go to a diner or something." He and Chris walked back to their house. If Matt wasn't in big fucking trouble then, he certainly is now.

ANGIE'S NOTES☺︎
sorry lol 😀😀
when they're bad at communicating their
feelings for each other 😩😩
anyways this is a very short note but
ily all and have a great day baes 😁