𝒙𝒙𝒊. apologies

..⃗. 🧃 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗'𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥  ━━━━  𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
( APOLOGIES ) *:・゚

AMY WAS CURRENTLY wiping down the Sturniolo's kitchen counter with a cleaning wipe. Matt texted in the group chat saying Cassie wanted to apologize for everything she did to them and Amy, wanting to believe in the good, she agreed. Chris and Nick were flabbergasted, naturally, at her cooperation. However, they decided to play nice if Amy was willing to. Matt wanted the house to look clean and in shape for the guest, so she volunteered to help.

Nick groaned, coming out of his room after cleaning it and into the kitchen, "Why did Matt tell me to clean my room? It's not like she's gonna be in it."

"Then why'd you actually do it?" She asked.

"I did it for myself." Nick remarked.

Chris has now entered the kitchen, joining in on the conversation. Matt was outside the house, waiting for Cassie so he can walk her inside. Chris complained, "Matt has the worst character judgement. Amy keep the wipes out just in case we gotta clean again after she's gone."

"Okay, guys, let's stop. What if she did change? What if she's, like, the nicest person ever right now and we're the ones being a bitch to her 'cause of some stuff she did to us a long time ago?" Amy pondered out loud.

Nick quirked his eyebrows, "I'm sorry, are we talking about the same Cassie?"

"Yeah, why are you being so nice to her? You hated her the most, and she hated you the most." Chris added.

She shrugged, "I'm trying not to hold any grudges."

The group of three all heard the door open and footsteps that belonged to Matt and Cassie. They begrudgingly went over to the front door and saw the girl that practically bullied them in school happily smiling as if she forgot why she was even there. Her eyes were glued on Matt and it instantly infuriated Amy. She was there to apologize for her behavior, not to be all over Matt. It was rude, but she didn't know why she was that upset over it.

         "Hi." She greeted them apologetically.

         The three waved and simultaneously mumbled greetings back. The group of five went to the couch to sit for this interaction. Nick sat in between Chris and Amy, Cassie sat next to her, and Matt sat on the other side of Cassie. It was awkward for a moment and no one knew what to say.

         "I just wanted to say that I really am sorry for all the things I said and did to you when we were in school. I promise that's not who I am anymore and I'd like to start fresh." Cassie began.

         "Now was the best time to apologize to us? Were you waiting until we almost hit 2 million?" Chris questioned. Nick tried to hold back his laughter, so he hid his head behind Amy's shoulder and giggled before resting his head on her shoulder.

        "I deserve that." She admitted. "But it's not a clout thing. I really did want to apologize, but I didn't know how to do that, considering where you guys are at right now. I mean, Chris has a real girlfriend and Amy is dating someone who isn't Matt, so. . . new things are always happening, I guess." She dryly laughed.

         "Okay, but do you not hear how backhanded that sounds?" Nick asked her.

         "Look, I'm sorry, okay? Is there any chance we can just forgive and forget?" She asked, clearly already getting irritated by Chris and Nick's "child-like" behavior.

          Amy glanced over at Matt who didn't even dare to say a word. If he was willing to bring this girl to his house just so she can apologize to them, the least she could do was accept it, right? As long as it made him happy, she'd do it. "Yeah, fine. We forgive you."

         Chris and Nick stared at her with their eyes basically falling out of their heads. Even Matt reciprocated the expression. "We?" Nick repeated.

         "I forgive you, Cassie. Just maybe don't be a jerk to people next time, so then you won't have to apologize to them like this." She smiled with a trace of hostility in her voice.

         "Thanks, Amelia. And Nick and Chris, I'm not forcing you to forgive me, take your time with it. I swear I've changed." She told.

          "Yeah, okay." Nick muttered. "I feel like you could've dm'd us all this instead of coming to our house to do this, but you know, whatever you want. . . I guess."

"Um, so I feel I'm unwanted here, so maybe I'll go." Cassie said. Nick and Chris fist bumped behind Amy, so no one would see and they hid back their smiles.

Amy kept shifting her eyes back at Matt and could see he didn't want Cassie to leave. She couldn't understand why he would be upset for her to leave, given what she's done to them. Out of everyone, he'd be upset for her to leave? That was just bizarre. What she didn't know, however, is that Matt just didn't want to be alone with Amy. Sure both Nick and Chris were there, but anytime he's with her he feels like it's just them. And he really didn't want to be alone with her. So, Cassie was his best option to be a barrier.

"Cassie." Amelia said just as she was about to stand up. She rolled her eyes at herself, already being annoyed by what she's about to say. "You can stay." Nick and Chris glared at their best friend once more.

Chris said, "What? Bro, I know this is practically your second house, but this isn't actually your house, bozo." Amy reached over to him and lightly smacked his arm.

Matt couldn't help but grin to himself. Despite her feelings towards Cassie, Amy still wanted her to stay all because she saw the look in his eyes. He couldn't believe Amy let her stay. God, how could she be so perfect in his eyes. She always finds a way make it harder for Matt to get over her.

━━━━━━━━

         "I can't believe the two of you let her stay here for 30 more minutes when she was just about to leave." Nick complained as the group were all in the kitchen after Cassie left.

         "Was it actually that big of a deal? At least she put in the effort to apologize." Matt shrugged.

          "Yeah, but it was so tone-deaf and backhanded, stupid." Chris spoke.

         "Why the fuck did you let her stay? That's what I'm confused about." Nick was still going on about.

          Chris looked at him and smiled, "Probably didn't want Matt to fight her."

Amy scoffed, "Please. Matt's, like, 5'7. What's he gonna do?"

"Shut up, aren't you, like, 5'2? What are you gonna do?" Matt quipped.

           It's been a while since the two were able to banter like that. Amy missed it, if she were being honest with herself. "You talk too much. You need to stop." She teased.

         "Slayjor!" Nick yelled. "Let him know."

          As Nick and Chris complained about Cassandra's half-assed apology even more, Amy and Matt exchanged glances and a slight grin with each other. Their friendship has been off the past couple of months and their smiles brought them comfort. It was reassured that they'd be alright. They've been in each other's lives for so long and nothing has gone wrong. Matt will eventually get over his feelings; he had to. Because Amy was never going to realize his feelings for her. And it was something he's starting to learn.

ANGIE'S NOTES☺︎
not my favorite chapter tbh
and ik it's quality over quantity but i srsly
had no idea for this chapter LMAOO
anyways, for those who cannot handle
any more drama, i'm sorry🙁
because next chapter might be kinda
dramatic and sudden , so here's a little
warning 🤗
buckle up my loves
ily mwah🤍