Seele Vollerei

Seele's POV

I was finally called by the announcer as I am being cheered upon by the people around. "Ugh... To be honest, this is making me nervous. There's too many people who are watching me." Veliona and Y/n patted me on the shoulder as they stood up.

"C'mon Seele, this is for your goal right? We'll support you but it all comes down on how badly you want to achieve your goal." Veliona said, walking down the stairs and waiting for us at the first level.

"No need worry about the people around you. Just concentrate on the enemies right in front you, okay Seele?" He said with a smile as he went down the stairs to the first level and stood beside Veliona. "Besides, we're here for you whatever happens."

"Stop spoiling her Y/n." Veliona said with a sigh as Y/n just grinned at her.

I went down to them and smiled. "Thank you, Veliona, Y/n. I'll do my best so the two should also do your best!" I told them, walking away and towards the stairs to the ground level.

"Well, we can't keep her waiting Veliona. Also, isn't she growing up too fast? I still remember back then when we first met each other like it was yesterday." Y/n muttered to Veliona as the two of them follow me, although I could barely here it.

"Sheesh, that was 5 years ago Y/n. I admit that she has grown ever since we met you but she still has a lot more to learn, for example, not to trust any man despite them being kind. You won't know what they'll do to you behind your back." She said with a slight glare at Y/n that froze him. She smirked at him and went down the stairs with me.

"Hey! I'm not that kind of man... right?" He anxiously said, following us down to the entrance. The two of them stayed by the entrance while I silently prepared myself by breathing in and out until I reached the very center of the colosseum.

"Are you ready for your Practical Test, Seele Vollerei?" The announcer who introduced herself as Theresa Apocalypse asked, nodding at her. "Then let us begin!" It finally begun when something came out of the sky. A purple circle encircled the landing of the three creatures right in front of me.

 A purple circle encircled the landing of the three creatures right in front of me

I remembered what Y/n taught me about the Honkai enemies, their types and kinds. These three Honkai... A horsewoman with a spear... It's a Knight! I thought to myself, readying in case they charge at me.

"3 Knights have landed in front of Seele! With her big and sharp scythe, she can definitely slice them into two but will she be able to move and attack with a scythe almost twice her height?" She shouted with enthusiasm as they start charging at me. "They serve a similarly as a frontline fighter for Honkai. It charges forth and destroys what is in front of it."

Like what Y/n and Veliona taught me, I took a step back and held my scythe far back behind me. The 3 Knights ran to me as fast as they could and once I saw them in my range, I swung my scythe in front of me while taking a step forward. During the execution, I closed my eyes and once I opened it, all I saw were three bodies of the Knights on the ground that have been sliced in half. It was silent for a while until the crowd started cheering for me. Hahhh... I'm glad that I did it properly even though I haven't practiced it as much. If I didn't, it would've been very dangerous. But it sure was tiring, that one swing alone. But at least if my Dark Flood does this much, I only have to practice it to get better at it since it still takes a lot. I thought to myself, calming myself down as the announcer spoke.

"That was such a well-timed swing by Vollerei-san. To time it with such precision and have the strength to cut through it like knife through butter was amazing. This just shows the time and effort she put on that just one swing and her skills. But if you think this is over, it's not yet until you defeat the next ones." The announcer, who introduced herself as Himeko Murata, said as one more Honkai fell from the sky as the bodies of the ones I killed has disintegrated. Once the smoke clears out, it revealed itself as a Chariot. 

"Now we have a Chariot. Probably one of the most annoying type of Honkai because of its ability to jump from one place to another. Don't get careless though since it can also charge at you with the same speed as a Knight." The other announcer said, probably Fu Hua.

I wasn't scared of it since I have fought them before in our place but I'm still a bit nervous on timing my attacks properly

I wasn't scared of it since I have fought them before in our place but I'm still a bit nervous on timing my attacks properly. The two said that it's one of the most important basics when fighting Honkai. "I guess I should end it once it tries to jump on me with my Fluttering Ripple. I'm glad that I managed to create my own abilities." I told myself as I prepare for it to come to me.

Instead of jumping towards me, it charged at me. Since I was ready for it, I evaded it. It turned around and charged at me again as I evade its attempt to rush me. This repetition  continued on for a few minutes while slashing it bit by bit. It finally stopped charging at me, deciding to leap into the air. Its landing was on me and I wasted no more and got ready immediately. It was a few feet away from me as I jump towards it. The people around and even me know that leaping directly at an opponent head on is a very reckless thing to do in a battle but it is one of my specialties after all, like Veliona and Y/n.

I was only a few inches apart from the Chariot, disappearing right in front of everybody's eyes as few butterflies fluttered around my previous spot. That was my ability, Blinking Flash, which allows me to temporarily place myself in the Sea of Quanta and then teleport back, evading any incoming attacks. Once I disappeared, I reappeared behind the clueless Chariot and I performed my Fluttering Ripple, four quick but devastating slashes that surrounds the enemies that are caught in it.

It falls down to the ground, all in pieces, as it slowly disintegrates like the previous Knight enemies. I was relieved that I was able to execute my own plan and looked around at the audience who were still silent at that time. I flashed a nervous smile at them and started cheering for me. I look at where the announcers were and all of them were grinning at me, which creeped me out a bit. I glanced at the entrance way just to see Y/n cheering for me and Veliona clapping for me finishing the test.

"What an amazing battle! Seele Vollerei, you have shown us your qualities as someone who fights against Honkai! Please wait for your results at the end of the day to see if you're in. Again, we thank you for participating in our Valkyrie Test." Theresa was the one with mic this time and it made my eyes teary as I thanked them, bowing down towards them. 

I ran to Y/n and Veliona where I hugged the both of them. Y/n immediately hugged me back but Veliona got shy and hesitated but still returned the hug. "Congrats on making it to the end Seele!" Y/n proclaimed, continuing the hug.

"C-Come on Seele! T-That's enough h-hugging. Let go off me already." Veliona said, trying to release herself from our hug.

"Why don't you praise her Veliona? She deserves it, you know? You don't compliment Seele as much that why we'll let go if you give Seele an honest compliment, we'll let go." Y/n replied to her as Veliona stopped and then sighed, looking at me in the eye.

"Seele... I'm proud of you for coming this far from your old weak self. I honestly didn't think that you'll get this far but I definitely underestimated your will to fight." She said straight to my face with a small smile as her cheeks become rosy red. "Can you let me go now?" She said with a straight face. My eye sight became blurry because of the tears in my eyes. I immediately let go of Y/n and embraced her tight as I slowly start tearing up. She was about to complain but patted my head instead. She never admitted anything like that back then but being praised by Veliona just feels different. She may be me but with a different personality but she has always been with me for so long that she's a sister to me. Thank you Veliona, my other me.

Words: 1533
Last Edited: 09/11/2022

TBC