Friend or Foe

Y/N's POV

When I returned to the tree in the Eye of the Deep, I heard an ongoing battle nearby so I checked it out. Hearing a battle in the Deep is very odd given the fact that I'm the only who is supposed to be here and they haven't fought their kind as far as I have witnessed. When I saw the fight, I was surprised that there was someone fighting the Quantum Honkai. A girl who wields a purple scythe that is doing well so far despite them having unknown abilities to the girl.

I pondered for a bit whether I should help her or not, after all, she's definitely a human and I'm a Herrscher

I pondered for a bit whether I should help her or not, after all, she's definitely a human and I'm a Herrscher. As I began pondering, I saw a glimpse of a black-red outline of a girl that is like a twin of the girl fighting but vanished as soon as I blinked again. That was weird but I hope it doesn't hurt the girl. Now, should I help the girl out? She's doing good so far but neither of the Quantum Honkai has used their special attacks yet. I was wondering why they haven't since they rush me with those attacks as soon as they meet me. Then the Void Gorgon has started to use its cube manipulation, picking up five cubes and rotating it around itself. The girl didn't know what to do as all of them were flung towards her, leading her to just fall over.

Not knowing what to do either, I went in to help her. I jumped down from the platform and manipulated my own cubes, countering the cubes that were thrown towards the girl. When they collided with each other, the Cubes dissipated, cancelling each other. I landed in front of the girl and reeled in my arm like I'm shooting a bow. Two purple squares, one bigger than the other, and one cube at my hand, glowing with little sparks on it. I released it as it increased in length, piercing the Void Gorgon in front of me. They became aware of me and started encircling us. I ignored them for the time being and looked at the girl. 

She was a purple short-haired girl, also short in height but not enough for me to see her as a kid, wearing a purple skirt with a white shirt on top of it. I can also see from her expression that she was scared of me so I decided to chat with her.

"Eto... Hi there, Miss. I'm Y/n L/n. We can talk about the details later since we are still being surrounded by the Honkai around us but can I ask for your name?" I tried sounding normal and not like some weird guy since it's been years since I have talked to someone besides myself after all.

She stared at me for a good bit before shaking his head and answering my question. "I-I'm Seele... And umm... Thank you for saving me!" She stood up and bowed slightly towards me.

"Raise your head please, besides we still have some other company after all." I said, getting my Arashi from behind me. "I don't know how exactly you've manage to get here in the Eye of the Deep but I'm actually glad that it's just the small fries Void Gorgons and Void Chelas and not the big ones like the Void Taurus. If you'd like, I'll take your place for now and you can repay me by telling me how you got here in the first place okay, Seele?"

"Eh?-" She was about to respond to me but a Void Chela charged at us in front. With it rolling towards us, I simply stretched out my Kaminari and grabbed it. I was able to crack its armour when I grabbed it and immediately sent out pure lightning through my arm. It shook violently in my hand as some sparks came out of the Void Chela and ended up bursting into small bits of purple lump of cubes, dissipating quickly. "...Wow!"

"No time to be stunned there Seele, Lunar Eclipse." A Void Gorgon and two Void Chela rushed at us all together but were all cleanly sliced in half horizontally. The only one left was the other Void Chela except it burrowed down to the ground and never popped up again.

I turned towards Seele again who was just standing behind me and continued to stare at me. I sighed and gave her a head pat, finally snapping out to reality. "You okay Seele?" I asked, making her red.

"A-a-a-a-a-a-a-aH! S-s-sorry Y-Y/n-s-san! I-I got d-distracted by-" She stuttered all over the place which made me giggle. She noticed it and looked at me, giggling afterwards. After a few seconds of laughing, we managed to compose ourselves. "S-Sorry again Y/n-san and thank you for saving me." She said, bowing down.

"No worries, Seele." I replied, removing my hand from her hand. "Anyway, what are you doing here Seele? Do you even know where you are right now?"

"Eh? Oh, I am in the-" She uttered before stopping herself from speaking. "Never mind, Y/n-san. How about you? Do you know where we are?" She raised my question towards me. 

Well, well, what do we have here? Is she behind it? I thought to myself, seeing another glimpse of the same black-red girl behind Seele and covering her mouth. She also seemed to have whispered something to Seele that change her mind.

"Well yeah. Someone or something has been feeding me information ever since I arrived at this dimension after all." I told her. "This place is where bubble universes reside. It is made up of the fallen people, memories, worlds, and universes that was swallowed by the Sea of Quanta. But both you and I are not in any of the bubble universe for we are in the heart or in the core of the Sea of Quanta, the Eye of the Deep."

Seele was speechless until something interesting happened. She looked at me with her cute indigo eyes and then closed it. When she opened her eyes, her indigo eyes changed to red. She adjusted her weight as she stood there like a different person from who I first met. Could this be..?

"Seele? You okay? You've been quiet

"Seele? You okay? You've been quiet... Was the information I've told you too much for you to bear." There was only silence until she spoke up.

"No... It's just the right information we- I mean I need. Thank you, Y/n." She said with a sharp tone. She probably is the girl I saw a glimpse of before, even how she refers to me changed. I don't think she's bad but... Seele could have an alter ego and here she is. I thought to myself, staring at Seele.

"What are you staring at?" She stated, giving me a glare when she noticed me. Should I..? Should I not? It's a violation of privacy but I'll just do it .

"Ne Seele, can I ask you something?"

"What is it, Y/n?" She  asked questioned me alongside with a glare. She seems cautious but is the glare really necessary?

"I know this is going to be odd, even for you but... Are you really the real Seele I met first? Or are you someone else in her body?"

TBC

Words: 1220
Last Edited: 10/01/2022