Performance Result

Y/n's POV

"Shadow Blade!" A black ominous aura crept towards the curved blade of my scythe and covered the entire blade. As I approached the head of the Ganesha, I swung my scythe, seemingly going through it. I stood on top of it and leaped down, turning around after landing on the ground. It was then its mouth was open wide, trying to bite me but stopped midway as his head falls from his body with a loud thud. It's decapitated head started dissolving into bits of pink light, signalling that it's dead. When I know I could drop my guard for the meantime, I turned off my leaking intimidation and looked at the crowd. 

"Sorry about my Quantum Abyss leaking. I'm still practicing with it but I guess I got too excited fighting against a Honkai Beast that I haven't fought before." I said out loud before bowing down, hoping they would buy my reason. I mostly did it to show that I am at the same level as the other Valkyries and also to shut them up before. It was quiet for a a minute or two until sound came out of the speaker. 

"Y/n...  Your Quantum Abyss is really something, isn't it? With what you showed us, you can partner up with the Class Representative since you can shut everybody up just like that. It's hard to shut them up once they started y'know?" Himeko grinned and laughed with an upbeat tone. Uwah... Am I going to be recruited just because of that?  "Anyway, I'll be serious about this." She continued but with a more serious tone. "We have your friends here with us since one of them knows one of our students here and so we asked the description of your skills, namely the Quantum Abyss that you used. With that being said, releasing a certain of pressure to force your enemy to feel fear which in turn make their moves predictable, that includes even Honkai Beast like the Ganesha, a Emperor-type Honkai Beast. Dangerous to the enemy, and a benefit to the ally. That's one insane ability at your disposal. Hua, thoughts on this?"

"First of all, please don't joke around like that. Second, like what Himeko said, your Quantum Abyss plays a big role in defeating your enemy. It's just that other people or your allies can get caught up in it so its best to practice it whenever there's fewer people within its radius. Also, your abilities and skills with your scythe is something to be looked up upon. It's strong, precise and quick making it effective in the battlefield." She commented.

"Although we prioritize fighting Honkai and the like here in St. Freya Academy, all of you will still have to learn the basics of most school curriculum so in case you decide to drop out, you can fit in any school of your choosing." Theresa, the principal of St. Freya Academy, said through her mic. "It seems that you've worked hard in getting all those skills of yours of but please don't neglect your studies here since it's still a must. After all, we want to welcome you for attending St. Freya Academy, our first Male Valkyrie, Y/n L/n! Along with your close friends, Seele Vollerei and Veliona!" She announced as the three of them stood up and started clapping.

The audience were still in a dazed but soon followed the clapping of the judges up above. I bowed once again towards them and headed towards the entrance of the arena. As I left the center of the arena, Theresa is now calling on names that have passed the practical test and have become official Valkyries of St. Freya Academy. At the entrance, I met a few familiar faces, specifically the girls from before. They were about to congratulate me but someone rushed towards me, hugging me in the process.

"Congratulations, Y/n! All three of us made it in! Together!" Seele told me with a huge grin

"Congratulations, Y/n! All three of us made it in! Together!" Seele told me with a huge grin. I hugged her back immediately and took her by surprise. "Fweh?! Y-Y-Y-Y/n!?"

"What? I can't return the hug you gave?" I calmly replied to her. That was actually on instinct coming from me... She's too cute I can't resist not hugging her. I thought to myself before letting her go a dew seconds later as I look up at Veliona. "No hugs Veliona?"

"You already got one from Seele so no need from me." She groaned at me. "Well, I'll at least congratulate you for passing." She continued as I sighed at her. She really isn't honest with her feelings huh? I thought to myself before talking again. "Also, what's up with that name? Shadow Blade? Sounds cringe to be honest. Like something coming out from a kid's show." She snickered at me.

"HEY! Anime is not a kid's show. Well, most of them are not for kids but the point is that it's something I wanted to try out in the outside world when I was a kid and it's sounds cool, you know. Don't call me out when your own naming sense needs a lot of work too." I said, calling her out as we start bickering with us ending it when Seele started giggling.

"Congratulations to all of you!" Mei and Kiana both shouted at us, getting our attention. Before we got to thank them, Bronya congratulated us but it felt different for Seele.

"Congratulations, Y/n, Seele, Veliona. As Valkyries and your new classmates, we welcome you to St. Freya Academy." She declared before bowing towards us. All of us were stunned since it is something that Bronya usually never does due to her façade but now that the reason of the façade is gone with Seele finally reunited with Bronya, it is a sight to see. Seele went in for a hug towards Bronya while burying her head on her chest, crying up lightly.

No One's POV

They waited for Seele to calm down before they went out to eat together as a group. While celebrating their admission into St. Freya Academy, they all started telling each other their past here and there, gradually learning more about each other. It was a roller coaster of emotion because their past were terrible like Kiana's, Mei's and Bronya's past. Although there were a lot of very much wholesome and happy memories forged together before the three met each other and after the three met each other. It even got more chaotic once the judges from before, Theresa, Himeko, and Hua, joined in the celebration. But suddenly, Kiana decides to ask about Y/n's past that changed the atmosphere.

Y/n's POV

"Hey Y/n, you've awfully quiet. How about you talk about your past? We practically revealed most of ours so why don't you reveal yours too?" She stated before the laughing and grinning Seele and Veliona abruptly stopped and looked at me. The atmosphere around everyone dropped until it become silent.

"Okay, I think we had enough. Since we've become Valkyries and students, we surely have responsibilities to take care of. So we need a good night rest. C'mon everyone let's clean up." Veliona said, standing up and clapping her hands. 

Seems like they remembered that I don't like sharing my past... I thought to myself, looking at the reflection of my face on my glass.

"Y-Yeah everybody! Staying up all night will hinder us in the morning so it's best to end this early as possible. Sorry for being a party pooper everyone." Seele smiled at everyone, earning some tilted heads.

Man, even Seele is trying to cover it up... Should I just get straight with it in front of them..? I mean they're family so it should be okay... Right? They'll learn about me eventually so I think it's better to not hide it any longer. Keeping secrets might trigger unwanted circumstances after all. I thought to myself as I put my glass down and it made a loud thud, attracting all of them.

"That's enough, you two-" Seele cut me off before I finished.

"W-Wait y-you don't have to force yourself, Y/n. Your past is meant to be kept secret-" Veliona then cuts Seele off, sitting down beside her.

"You've got the resolve Y/n? No regrets on this? You're face is telling me likewise after all." She uttered as I nodded in return. Seele understood and sat back down with everything getting serious.

"We don't have to hear it-" I cut Theresa off, smiling towards her.

"It's okay. Whatever happens, whatever you girls choose or decide, I accept who I am. Since I accepted myself for who I am, I wield whatever happens to me, be it a benefit for you or not." I told everyone as they all settled in. 

"I... am a Herrscher. An unknown Herrscher of the New Era... the Herrscher of Quanta."

TBC

Words: 1470
Last Edited: 09/26/2022