⊹ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

YOU GRAB THE LAST BAG FROM

the sweet driver and thank him with a smile. He nods once and gets back into the black suv that drives off a second later. You let out a breath from your parted lips and look up at the large house that was now all yours.

It was old and it was obvious that the same people lived in it for decades. You could admire it though with a face lift and that's exactly the first thing on your list.

The fall air breeze makes your cheeks a bit cold as you roll your suitcases behind you up the creaky steps. The porch looked unsafe to walk with rotten wood that made you think twice about walking over. You do anyways and thankful it was a safe four feet that lead you to the door.

After unlocking it you step in and let yourself look at it fully from the doorframe. The house was still fully furnished and carefully you walk further in. You take a slow tour of the house, finding a room you could move in to. You choose the room upstairs in the far right as it was nearly empty already.

When walking in you first notice that the window was slightly open, letting the cold breeze blow in. You close it and lock it tightly before returning to grab your belongings. The inside was nothing like the outside, more updated and pretty to the eye. The thought of selling everything and buying new replacements crosses your mind.

You didn't know if you could be comfortable about just moving in right after a married couple dies and using their stuff to resume your life.

Part of you found it disrespectful.

Just a week ago you were living at home, life normal until you get a weird call that your real grandparents on your mother's side had left you their house after passing. Since you were adopted as a baby you couldn't fathom the fact that anyone from your real parents family had known of you.

Your parents tried to talk you out of up and moving your whole life just because of this but you couldn't. You had felt so lost for so long about your life and where you would've been if had not been put up for adoption. In the end they supported you and made you promise to call them at least three times a week until you get fully situated.

Nervousness was all you could feel since getting on a plane to seattle to start a life you had no preparation for. Thankfully you secured a transfer in your job and that would be some sort of safe ground for you.

You plop down onto the bed in your new bedroom and sigh in contentment since you were more than ready to go to sleep. It was still early so you decide against it and call your mom to let her know about your safe landing.

The phone rings for one second before she answers, "y/n? Are you all right?" she asks in an obvious worried tone that brings a small laugh from your lips.

You sit against the headboard and look down at your socks that had a cute pusheen cat design. You loved your mother with all your heart but sometimes you wished that she would believe in you. You were a grown woman, you can look out for yourself just fine.

"I'm fine mother, just letting you know that I made it. I haven't unpacked but I have chosen my room." you look around and begin to plan what else you would need furniture wise.

Since you hadn't brought anything from your apartment back home you were thankful that along with the house was some starting money that would settle any worries immediately.

"Don't tell me it's theirs." she says and you let out a gasp. You hadn't even gone into their room yet and you didn't know when you would. Could be tomorrow or two years from now.

"Mother! Of course not!" you say almost defensively and roll your eyes at the laugh that she lets out. "So weird." you comment with in a murmur. Then continue on with the next subject as the rain starts pouring heavily.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

You wake up at a random hour and look around to see it was still very much dark outside. "Great." you groaned to yourself and reached over to look at the time. Your eyes squint from the brightly illuminated screen, four twenty-seven in the morning.

You were glad that you had one more day before starting your job again. The nerves were anticipating what would happen, if you would succeed or even make a friend. Of course your mother had reassured you that everything would be fine like a child going to school for the first time and it didn't really help at all.

Instead of laying in bed you sit up and stretch your arms over your head for a few seconds. You looked at the raindrops sliding down the window and got the urge to go outside. The house was completely silent as you walked down the stairs. You wrapped a blanket around you and settled for sitting on the porch.

The rain had stopped and you could see the moons reflection shining brightly. You exhale through your mouth and inhale the smell of rain, it was calming. The house was surrounded by large trees for privacy and you didn't know if that should calm or worry you since you were just one woman living alone.

"I'll invest in a taser." you say to yourself and grab your phone to actually order a hot pink taser and pepper spray. Your eyes snap to the trees again when another branch snaps just as your thumb hits place order.

You'll be just fine.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═