𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

SILENTLY YOU SIT DOWN AT THE

table with the couple. They hadn't noticed your lack of words since being so wrapped up in a conversation about Victoria delivering her speech for the college library tomorrow. While sitting there you wondered for a moment if Victoria knew about the hit Tooru had put on you, you had met him through her.

"I'm going to get a drink from the bar, want anything?" you stand up suddenly, almost too sudden and Victoria looks up with wide eyes, almost worried for you.

"Are you ok?" she asks.

"Yeah." you smile back, "Be back." you don't wait for an answer on the offer. You needed to get drunk, to not think about your best friend help this man kill you.

At the bar you sit at an empty stool and order a drink with the bartender. You down the first one and ask for another.

"Slow down y/n."

You turn in your seat and see Kenma a couple seats down, same outfit from when you last saw him. Next to him was a woman, she was pretty and obviously knew it. When staring at them together, they look great, model worthy even which made you want to down the second drink but you refrained and only took a sip.

"Better?" you ask with a sarcastic smile and stand up to return to the table of potential murders.

Kenma adjusts his coat on his shoulders and stands up, helping the woman up as well by offering her a hand. "Not quite. Bathroom. Five minutes." is all he says and they both walk away.

Back at the table Victoria had ordered a fancy appetizer that you couldn't pronounce. Now pretty tipsy you almost forget about Kenma's few words back at the bar. Victoria was understanding since drinks ran through her as well and you avoided looking at Tooru at all cost.

Walking to the restrooms, Kenma was already standing in the hallway, waiting for you. "There you are." he stands up straight. "Are you ok?" he asks. Kenma shoves his hands in his pockets to avoid doing something like giving you a hug and continues to walk further.