𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

TWO DAYS LATER YOU WAKE UP

to get ready for work. You had worked on the house all day after your first night and set up the renovations to take place as soon as possible. You were getting it painted on the outside and fixing anything else on the exterior. The interior was up to par and only needed minor fixes.

You put on a pair of nice fitting brown slacks and a soft creme turtleneck to tuck it into. You felt confident for the time being, talking yourself up any chance you get and it works. After fixing your hair you grab your purse and walk downstairs to meet your uber outside.

Since you had no car it would me spending about a hundred dollars a day to work. But the amount you would now get every payday would be enough for it to go unnoticed.

The uber driver smiles at you and you force one back as the smell of cigarettes hits your nose with a side of greasy bacon.

Next on your list was to invest in a car.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

You were going to be late.

The poor uber driver had taken a wrong turn and morning traffic was not helping. Your palms begin to sweat at the thought of being late on your first day, it would ruin everything. But to stop panicking you take a deep breath and open your map.

Five minute walk.

That seemed doable since you were a fast walker by nature. Even in heels you could be there before five minutes. With that in mind you step out of the car, inhaling the fresh air with a smile. You ignore the mans questions and shut the door then beginning to follow in the direction that the map pointed.

You walk on the sidewalk and cut through a small park path that had a small river next to it with ducks swimming. You look up and pause when seeing something in your path behind your phone.

A cat.

It sat pretty and stared up at you with wide sage green eyes. Their black fur made their eyes stick out that much more and you couldn't help but pout at them. "Meow." they sang and raised one paw.