𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

➸ THE NEXT MORNING YOU SIT IN —

THE NEXT MORNING YOU SIT IN

a cafe with Victoria, alone. Tooru thankfully had other matters to attend to.

"How was your night with Kenma?" Victoria asks with a knowing smile, wanting all the details of why you were wearing a scarf in a fairly toasty cafe.

Subconsciously your hand grabs the excess scarf, "It was fine, he went back home this morning. He said we'll talk when we get back."

Victoria now frowns at your lack of details and takes a bite of her buttery croissant, noticing yours was still untouched. Meanwhile she's on her second one. "I'm sorry you miss him but you need to eat."

A laugh leaves yours lips, "I'm not a depressed teen Victoria, I can still eat. Just my throat. Liquids are better right now." you bring the cup to your lips to avoid looking at her jaw dropped expression.

"He choked you?!" she whispered yelled to you even though the cafe was empty and the barista was loudly watching a twilight movie on her phone. You had watched it along with her for a second before returning to Victoria who was snapping in your face. "Stop looking at the vampire and pay attention to the human over here!"

You drop your head in your hands and let out a sigh, "Yes he choked me but it was consensual." you calm her nerves a little but she was still very interested and you couldn't blame her for that, she is your best friend. And you haven't been a best friend to her, keeping secrets that were dying to be shared with someone you could really trust.

"Spicy." she smiles and finishes the second croissant, beginning to look at the menu for more food.

Wanting to share the truth, you worked up the courage to say, "Victoria, Kenma was my stalker."

Just as she says, "Should I get us a crepe?" Quickly she looked horrified at what you had just said, for good reason and she was even more confused as to why you were cool, calm and collected. "W-what? Kenma? The man we had dinner with.. stalks you?"

Silently you nod and out of habit she taps her long nails on the table. "Why?" she asks, placing her hand down flat to stop the clicking noise.

"He was hitman turned stalker and now we have this very weird, trusting, sexual... relationship? But not a relationship. It's complicated."