𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

KENMA LETS OUT A SIGH AND

pushes back against his desk to stand up from his chair. He pet his cat and grabbed a hoodie from his closet. Shutting off his light he walked down the stares with the cat following happily.

Kenma grabs his car keys and opens the front door but puts his foot out before the cat could stay away. "Ren, stay." he commands and she takes a few steps back, staring up at him with eyes he almost couldn't refuse. "I'll be back." he says as if she understood.

On the way to his destination he groaned when getting an incoming call from his partner, Tetsuro. "What?" he said.

"We have to move in on Tanaka's hideout but next wednesday." he speaks into the phone. Kenma looks at the dark road ahead of him, playing with the ring around his finger.

"We can have it done by monday." he states, already coming up with a plan.

"Sounds good." Tetsuro says, "By the way the new guns came in. Pretty fucking sick." he says and you could hear being set off that made his eyes roll in annoyance. Kenma and Tetsuro have been partners for years and even though he can be childish, it was nice to see that he never changed.

"Sounds like you're having too much fun." he mutters in a bored tone. He keeps his hands on the smooth steering wheel and makes the last right turn on the end of the road. "I have to go. See you tomorrow."

"Later Kenma." Tetsuro says and a smile could practically be heard but Kenma hangs up without another word.

Kenma turns off his car lights and puts it in park behind a forest of trees. Before stepping out he puts his hoodie on and takes one final breath. The rain was light today and he was thankful that his shoes wouldn't get too dirty in the med but he didn't care either way. Dirty shoes was a small price to see the woman he needed to see.

Like a cat his movements were silent as he walked up the streamline path to the large house. It was beautiful to Kenma and a major step up from his two bedroom apartment. He didn't live with anyone but liked to keep his work separate from where he slept so the second bedroom was made into an office where he could be free to do whatever without worrying about anything.

His breath comes to a halt when the kitchen light turns on. "Keeping the blinds open is something a woman should never do, especially at night." Kenma shakes his head almost in disappointment. He watches y/n set the flower on the counter and read the note. She didn't look pleased and Kenma had anticipated that reaction.

He checks his phone again and sees that she hasn't even texted him back, does she think I'm joking?

So he texts her,

UNKNOWN
Is that pretty enough
for you?

He drags his eyes away from the screen in time to see her reaching over to grab her phone. y/n's eyes widen once again from his message, still an unpleased look on her face.

But that was ok because Kenma knew it would be some time before she accepted his love but it would be so damn wroth it.

He almost laughs when she angrily throws the flower away and reads the message one more time before looking up at the kitchen windows letting him see her. As expected she hurries to close them and the light shuts off a second later. His heart thumps when he gets a message.

y/n
fuck off.

Kenma's eyes dance with amusement and a small chuckle left his lips as if this was casual witty banter. Truth is he was slowly getting to know y/n more and more which also came falling too deep in love with her, it fueled his need to watch her.

The man walks closer to the house and checks the left window that he had left open the night before. He slides in without a sound and shuts the window again. The bottom floor was completely dark and the only light he saw was coming from the stairway.

As he walked further upstairs he stopped when hearing the shower running. He thought about the next step twice before continuing. Kenma had already knew what room y/n had chosen to be hers and also knew that she had her own bathroom to bathe in.

Her bedroom door was peaked open he took the opportunity to slide in easily. Soft hums left her lips and the steam coming from the doorway almost made him worried that she was burning herself.

Without her knowing he walked into the doorframe of the bathroom and saw her clothes laying on the floor and Kenma walked away just as he caught a glimpse of red panties. He had a plan and getting hard to y/n's undergarments were not part of them..

yet.

He still had to get to know her, understand who she is as a person. His person.

In his hoodie pocket laid another red carnation attached with an off-white notecard. He laid it down and quickly walked out of the room when hearing the water shut off. luckily her back was turned when he passed the bathroom once more and he did a double take when seeing her bare back covered in water still. She held the towel against her lower half and patted her feet on the mat to not slip.

He didn't have enough time to admire but assured himself that this wouldn't be his only opportunity.

Just as he got over the window his phone vibrated in his pocket and he couldn't help that assume it was y/n. It was quick.

He walks back to his car in the darkness and once in the forest again he pulls out his phone. It was a text from y/n and Kenma opens it with a simple touch.

y/n
these are hideous.
get a new hobby,
creep.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═