1: well shit, i can't stop crying

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

-Uncle Ben, Spider-man, 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

present day

y'know that meme of the guy crying because the weed was so good?

that's pretty much the state of crying that vernon and all of his friends were in when they were exiting the movie theater after watching spider-man: no way home.

actually, that was an understatement.

for vernon, at least.

vernon was bawling, and he doesn't think that he has ever cried this hard since that one kid decided to vandalize his pet rock when he was in second grade (that little shit). rest in peace mister pebble. you will be missed.

vernon doesn't even know why he was crying this hard anyways, i mean, it's just a movie, right?

but this movie was unlike any other. after all, it was the third installment of the famous spider-man trilogy in the mcu. everyone has seen it. if you haven't, then what are you doing with your life? if you haven't you shouldn't be here anyways, because this book has a heck ton of spoilers, so go watch it right now.

but anyways, vernon was crying so much that he could probably drown in his own tears. he could feel the salty taste of his liquid sadness on the tip of his tongue as they slid down towards his mouth, wiping his tears off of his face with his hands dirty with butter and salt from all of the popcorn he ate. it felt like no dam could ever stop this river from flowing.

suddenly, a crumpled fistful of tissues was shoved right in front of his face. "vernon, oh my god, stop crying, it's just a movie."

vernon snatched the tissues with a heavy hand and pressed them against his face while responding. "hoshi, you're literally crying too."

a smile broke out on hoshi's face as he started wiping his face with tissues of his own. "yeah, but not as much as you! i mean... all of us are crying. the only one of us here that isn't crying is wonwoo-"

wonwoo adjusted his circular glasses on his nose, patting a tall boy's head, which was resting on his shoulder. "i'm just able to keep my emotions in check. mingyu here is definitely a close contender for second place in the crying competition. he's a huge baby."

the tall boy next to wonwoo, mingyu, clutched onto his friend's arm like a lifeline. "i'm not a baby!"

wonwoo raised an eyebrow, glancing at the clinging giant. "you're literally drenching my jacket in your tears, which by the way, please stop. i may have gotten this jacket on the clearance rack at old navy, but that doesn't mean it wasn't expensive for a broke-ass bitch like me. if you ruin it, you're paying me back with a year's supply of toblerone."