16: all i just wanted was the choccy milk

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

-Uncle Ben, Spider-man, 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

seokmin couldn't stop staring.

joshua was currently passed out, his body kind of uncomfortably slumped over onto the metal table next to his chair. he looked kind of like he was sleeping, other than the fact that there were trails of dried tears coming from his eyes.

thankfully, when seokmin hit joshua on the head, he didn't kill him.

as soon as he passed out, the room went extremely quiet, the only sound enveloping the space being the soft whirring of the air conditioning. after about a solid five seconds, minghao carefully stepped over and checked joshua's vitals, ensuring that he was not dead.

seokmin still couldn't stop staring through all of this. he hasn't moved at all, and his hands were still gripping tightly onto the test tube rack. his heart was racing so fast that he could barely hear what minghao and the professor were saying.

"what are we going to do, professor?"

the professor sighed. "we're going to need to figure out a way to control it. he seemed to gain some sort of powers that were very clearly uncontrollable. if there is..."

"do you think giving him more of the formula would work?"

"it might work, but at this point i don't want to risk it. we need to do something to keep these powers under control and it must be something that we can guarantee would work."

"what if we did something like that one project wencorp did years ago? the study about technology and its ability to affect the neurological pathways in the mammalian nervous system? remember, we found that the implants can change the nervous system to the point that brain inputs can perform different physical functions than intended. we could modify an implant to somehow block off unwanted uncontrollable actions."

"that actually might work, minghao. let's get straight to work, we don't know how much time we have."

it was at that point that seokmin finally unfroze himself, confused. "wait, wait, wait, what experiment are you talking about... professor?"

professor wen responded, voice monotonous. "years ago, wencorp's big project was trying to find out how technology in the form of implants can affect and interact with the nervous system of mammals. we found that if we code the implants in a specific way, we could be able to modify neural pathways with just the click of a button."

"we could code the implants in ways to interchange action," minghao continued, "for example, you could visualize moving your arm, but you end up moving your leg instead. you could also completely cut off function, for example, we could completely block off use of legs and now you can't walk. i theorize that we can put an implant in the subject and we could block off whatever neural pathway is causing joshua to perform uncontrollable action. this might be the only way we can progress in the experiments."