3: the benefits of being blind

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

-Uncle Ben, Spider-man, 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"professor wen."

seokmin entered the familiar lab room, finding the professor writing down something on a pad of paper.

the professor looked up from his work. "ah, seokmin. what brings you here? your internship continues tomorrow. you didn't need to come here today."

seokmin shoved his hands in his pockets. "uh, well... i have some news you might like."

the professor sat up straighter, tilting his head curiously. "oh really now? what is it?"

"apparently," seokmin started as he walked further into the room towards the professor, "at the school there's going to be a new student, and that student apparently has a disability. he's blind."

professor wen stood up, beginning to pace as the gears in his head began to turn. "interesting. have you met him yet?"

"no, not yet," seokmin shifted his stance, "he's coming to the school tomorrow."

"i see," the professor continued to pace, "he may be the one we need to start our human trials. talk to him tomorrow. try to assess to see if he'd be perfect for us. if he is, i'll set up the plan to be able to meet him without being suspicious."

seokmin sighed.

"will do, professor."

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"hoshi, did you want to come over tonight? we can work on homework and stuff."

hoshi nodded slightly. "sure," he pulled his phone out of his pocket, "let me just send a text to my mom first."

vernon nodded, adjusting his backpack on his shoulders, "okay."

the pair of best friends were currently walking home from school.  since the pair live rather close to each other, they frequently come over to each others' houses on random weekdays.

because of this, vernon honestly viewed hoshi's house kind of like a second home, and knows hoshi could probably say the same about his.

after walking a bit more, vernon and hoshi both arrived at vernon's apartment building, the pair heading inside and heading up the stairs. they went directly towards the correct door, vernon opening it up with his housekey.

"i think uncle cheol is still at work," vernon remarked as he kicked off his shoes, "we can study right now... unless, you want to play on my wii-"

hoshi also kicked off his shoes by the door, heading towards the apartment living room. "i like that idea much better."