25: congratulations! your vernon evolved into a certified fruity boy!!

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option."

- Peter Parker, Spider-man (Official Trailer 1), 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

seokmin sighed as he walked into the wencorp testing room. he didn't really get that much sleep last night because he was busy reviewing his notes and doing research on all of the stuff that minghao described to him yesterday about the formula. this felt like studying for college finals all over again. the only difference is that there wasn't really anybody to guide him, and that all of this information he gained is based on theoretical ideas, predictions, and pure, real-life, authentic, non-simplified science.

seokmin felt really anxious about all of this. he has been letting dino stay in his house still for the past few days and he felt like he hasn't been making enough progress. he promised him a cure, something to help fix him, but honestly he maybe should've not said such a bold thing. seokmin didn't even know if he could live up to the expectation he set. he was only just a measly intern after all. he had barely any experience with this kind of stuff.

he was nervous that he might not be able to do what he promised.

seokmin knew already that dino was getting a bit impatient, and with what he knew what that lizard boy could do, he was scared.

maybe he dug himself a hole too deep to get out of.

but this would finally be a way he could use all that he was learning from his wencorp internship for something good. this was the first time that seokmin actually felt a lot more motivated to learn more, because he knew that what he was doing was not an unethical, moral-draining, questionable experiment. he knew that what he was trying to do was nothing but good.

the only problem was that seokmin did not know whether or not he could actually pull it off.

seokmin set down his research notebook on the table next to him, picking up his labcoat in both of his hands and sliding it on. professor wen and minghao were both in the corner, seeming to discuss something in low voices.

seokmin didn't know what they were talking about, and wasn't planning to find out until he heard something intriguing.

"...need to do something about all of the mutant animals that got out. it's been weeks and people are starting to get suspicious and who knows who might make the connections that wencorp is responsible for all of them."

seokmin stopped moving, his labcoat half on as he stayed still, trying to listen to the conversation that he really shouldn't be eavesdropping on.

"we have to do something quick. we know spider-man green is already on our trail. there could be others that..."