8: the most inexperienced vigilante

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

-Uncle Ben, Spider-man, 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"my fucking life fuel. the air i breathe, the water i drink, screw those stupid things. nothing compares to you my godly ambrosia, my beautiful precious thing. i love you."

vernon put his hood up to cover himself, rubbing a hand on his face in embarrassment as he turned away from the security camera in the corner of the convenience store. "oh my god, wonwoo. stop-"

wonwoo didn't seem to listen, continuing to spew nonsense. "mmm, oh my god, i can't wait to fucking feast."

"i'm going to leave."

"no!"

the two boys were currently at the convenience store and wonwoo immediately made a beeline to the candy section. he was currently on his knees in the middle of the aisle holding up the tray of toblerone bars as if it were a shining trophy.

it was literally so embarrassing and vernon was literally about to walk the fuck out of that damn store if it wasn't for the fact that he was also hungry.

vernon gave wonwoo a light kick to his thigh which almost made him drop the chocolate bars. "just buy them already. you could, er, worship them later. hurry up-"

wonwoo stood up, rolling his eyes as he tucked the tray of chocolate bars under his arm. "fine. did you want to buy some-"

suddenly, one of the most stereotypical action movie plot devices happened.

wonwoo's words were interrupted by the sound of the glass door of the store swinging open violently, aggressive yelling beginning to come from the entrance.

"hey! put all of your money in this bag! i want your register to be completely empty by the end of this and..."

vernon and wonwoo looked at each other with wide eyes.

vernon gulped. "oh shit."

the two boys snuck over towards the end of the aisle they were in, the two of them peeking out from the side to see what was happening like a cartoon. two men wearing dark ski masks and dark clothes were standing near the checkout desk. one of them was holding out a large black bag while the other one held a small gun towards the frightened convenience store worker.

oh, that's not good, not good at all.

wonwoo looked at vernon, his mouth slightly open in shock. "oh my god."

"what do we do?," vernon looked away from the scene, "w-we need to call the police-"

wonwoo pulled vernon back into the aisle, a small smirk on his face. "vernon."