34: some things are just not in the cards for people like me

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option."

- Peter Parker, Spider-man (Official Trailer 1), 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"professor, the mutant animal problems are getting worse. we need to up our game on recollecting them. it's urgent."

"i completely agree, minghao. we need to get them to stop attacking people... if people figure out the way they are linked to wencorp, our reputation will fall and that's all that matters."

"we need to keep them away from people. especially big crowds... like at fairfest tomorrow. if any mutant animals are there, they can cause a lot of trouble."

"that's right. it might be a good idea to keep shubot on standby for fairfest."

"but wouldn't that be bad-"

"no, seokmin, this is very important. wencorp can not fall and i will make sure of it."

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"joshua hasn't texted me all morning. what do i do?"

"i'm sure there's a logical explanation. what's the last thing he said?"

vernon stared at his phone conversation with joshua. "last night, he said he'd meet us at fairfest today. he didn't reply to any of my messages this morning.

vernon was currently sitting in the passenger's seat of mingyu's car, who was driving him and wonwoo and hoshi up to fairfest. he was kind of nervous, well of course because this was supposed to be his first date, but also because of joshua's lack of response to him. 

vernon did ask their new friend seungkwan to come, but he said he didn't want to go because he usually went with his best friend every single year and it wouldn't be the same without him. vernon completely understood though. he couldn't imagine going to fairfest without his friends. it was like breaking tradition.

hoshi leaned forward in his seat in the back of the car. "uh, it's probably nothing. he said he'd be there, so he probably will be. i think you're just nervous, man."

vernon sighed, flipping his phone over. "i guess."

"anyways," mingyu said happily, "to keep your mind off of that, are you guys excited for fairfest?"

"completely," wonwoo grinned, "i can't wait to stuff my face with sugar. nothing can beat the godly flavor of toblerone but fairfest cotton candy hits."

hoshi chuckled. "yeah, me too. i'm most excited about all the rides and stuff. the ferris wheel, the slingshot, the carousel-" 

vernon raised an eyebrow. "dude, the carousel is for little kids."