12: who let the dogs (and all of the other animals smh) out, who, who, who, who?

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

-Uncle Ben, Spider-man, 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"hey guys."

"sup, vernon."

vernon sat down at their friend group's usual lunch table, giving the three who were already there, hoshi, joshua, and wonwoo, a small wave.

hoshi was lazily munching on a sandwich, his cheek resting in one of his hands making him look kind of like a chipmunk (not alvin though). wonwoo was eating chips, watching tiktoks on his phone with amusement. lastly, joshua looked like he was resting, his head laying face down onto his arms.

vernon rested his hands on the table. "what's up?"

hoshi continued to munch lazier than lazy town. "i'm so tired. i don't even know how i managed to get up this morning."

"my head really hurts," joshua muttered, "help me."

vernon raised an eyebrow. "joshua? are you okay?"

"...not really."

vernon placed a comforting hand on joshua's back, concerned. "do you need anything? i can get you some water if you need or-"

"can you take me to the nurse?," joshua slowly sat up, fixing his sunglasses that were lightly smushed into his face, "i don't know if i can take this anymore."

vernon stood up. "yeah, sure."

joshua also stood up, pulling his collapsable cane out of his pocket. "thank you so much."

vernon took a step to stand next to him, hooking his arm around joshua's automatically. "no problem," he shot a wave towards hoshi and wonwoo, "be right back, guys."

hoshi let out a groan as he almost dropped his sandwich onto the table. "good luck."

vernon snorted. "thanks."

the two boys walked in a kind of comfortable silence... well, as silent as a high school lunch period can be. high school lunch periods do be louder than a marching band sometimes. vernon glanced over at joshua, feeling a bit strange(?) as he felt joshua cling onto his arm tighter. he knew that it was probably because he was in pain, but for some reason there was a part of him that felt... different.

😏

joshua let out a sigh. "thank you so much for taking me to the nurse, ugh... my head just started hurting like hell this morning. i don't know why. i've been having on and off small headaches for this past week, but today... it's never been this bad."