27: wencorp? more like wen are they going to stop doing bad stuff corp (lmao)

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option."

- Peter Parker, Spider-man (Official Trailer 1), 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

vernon woke up to the sound of his phone ringing right into his ear.

he grumbled, looking over towards his alarm clock, only to see that it was about six minutes away from his alarm going off.

vernon let out an annoyed sigh, picking up the phone without even reading the name of who was calling. who dares disturb his beauty sleep. "...hello?"

vernon let out a cough. his voice was all gravelly from sleep and that "...hello?" definitely sounded like a bag of rocks.

"vernon! you have to check the news! right now!"

it was wonwoo.

"won," vernon rubbed a hand on his face, sitting up in his bed, "why do you have to call me so early? my alarm hasn't even gone off yet."

"did you not hear me? check the news right now."

"...why?"

"just do it!"

vernon let out a groan before getting out of bed, "ugh, fine," he picked up a random shirt off of the floor, pulling it over his head as he made his way to the living room, "but this better be worth it or else i'll kill you at school today."

vernon slumped himself on the couch, setting his phone that was still connected to the call on the coffee table as he picked up the tv remote, pressing the on button. the news channel was already open.

vernon's eyes widened as he read what was on the screen. "oh, shit."

vernon picked up the phone, putting it on speaker. "dude," he read the headline, "spider-man green attacks wencorp? how the hell did they know about this?"

"i have no idea, man, but this story is like famous. if you search wencorp on google now this is the first thing that comes up."

vernon muttered. "geez..."

he decided to listen in to what the news reporters were saying.

"...discover that yesterday, when this incident occurred, spider-man green was spotted attacking wencorp and seemingly destroying a shipment of chemicals that came in. we were fortunate enough to land a brief interview with professor wen, the ceo of wencorp, which we will play now."

the tv screen now displayed a news reporter and a professor wen that looked quite pissed. "hello, i am here with wencorp's one and only professor wen junhui. i'd like to first ask about the incident that occurred. can you please describe what happened?"