11: at the library (but not from 1039/smoothed out slappy hours)

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

-Uncle Ben, Spider-man, 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"okay, joshua, can you lift your arm up slightly so we can measure your blood pressure?"

"sure thing."

"s- dokyeom, can you write down the measurements, i'll tell them to you."

seokmon sighed. "sure thing, minghao."

seokmin picked up his pencil, tapping it against the table as he waited for minghao to wrap the blood pressure sleeve around joshua's arm.

the two were currently preparing joshua for the first phase of the experiment, under professor wen's orders.

after all of the information and data was measured and recorded from the pre-test when joshua first arrived at wencorp, they were ready to start the first phase.

and that's what they were doing right now.

and seokmin was still as nervous and scared as the first day.

oof.

seokmin could never shake the feeling that maybe joshua knew his secret. even though joshua acted all fine and amiable like normal when they were with their friends during hoshi's little movie night, he felt as if joshua knew.

these feelings were honestly tearing seokmin apart.

but seokmin couldn't do anything about it. he knows that his secret would get out eventually, but at least he still had time to hide in the shadows.

at least minghao was willing (although hesitant) to play along and call him by his fake name.

seokmin wrote down the numbers that minghao called out on the testing form, before setting down his pen. "anything else before we start?"

minghao shook his head, taking the blood pressure sleeve off of joshua's arm. "nope, that's it. we can call in professor wen and finally begin the actual experiment. can you go get him?"

seokmin nodded shakily. "sure thing."

seokmin walked over to the door, opening it and exiting into the hallway, before walking over to the experiment room just down the hall. he opened the door to find professor wen leaning over a counter, closely inspecting two vials of familiar greenish-yellow substances.

seokmin cleared his throat. "professor, the test subject is ready and prepped for injection."

the professor looked up at seokmin. "perfect. i just finished checking over the formula," he grabbed the two vials from the stand with his gloved hands, "let's go, seokmin," he walked over to the door, passing by seokmin as he exited, "remember to take notes."