52

"Home sweet home." Greta dumps her hand luggage in the center of the Tarry shack as I walk in behind her and gaze around the much-missed home of ours. Glad to be back here even though we were not gone all that long, not even far, and yet it feels like we went to another planet. That it's been months instead of one. It's the warmest and most relaxing breath of fresh air to walk in here, letting all my stresses go and basking in the feel of familiar safety.

We covered up everything with dust sheets down here since we didn't know how long we would be gone, and this area gets a lot of incoming sand and salty air from the air vents, and it looks oddly abandoned. Everything is covered in cream cloth. All the chairs are upside down on surfaces, creating a sea of beige mountains with weird ridges and peaks.

"Where do you want these?" Bryant shuffles behind us with suitcases in hand, and Greta lurches into action. Instantly smiley and attentive to our casually dressed muscle man. They have been flirting and cooing at one another all morning, especially on the boat ride home, and I am leaving her to it. I don't want to play the third wheel to whatever they have brewing.

"Follow me. They belong upstairs." She beams his way, all coy and sassy, and picks up her weekend bag again to lead him towards the kitchen and our upper floor apartment. Not that there's much room up there, but they will be alone finally, and maybe I won't see them for a while. I wouldn't put it past her to make some moves on him while that close to a bed, in minimal space.

"That boy is so gone. I smell future wedding bells." Jyeon mutters it behind my head and startles me with his sudden appearance. Making me flinch in fright, and I smack him on the arm for surprising me with an impulsive squeak.

"Don't sneak up on me."

"I wasn't sneaking. I was stealth entering so I could check your ass out before alerting you to my presence." He winks, smacks my butt in passing, and then stops in front of me to look around this familiar space. Leaving me blushing from his sexy attack and dazed at how easily he's slid into this touchy, lovey, husband-type person, who has become a thousand times more affectionate and attentive than the Jyeon I ever knew. I can't get used to him being this way and constantly questioning if I am dreaming or not.

"Well, you can stop checking out my ass and help me start taking off the dust sheets to clean this place up. It's a sandy island, and we need to get the dust and dirt under control from our absence." I nudge him in the butt with my palm, returning the favor seeing as he got to feel mine and hoping a task will help me adapt to him being here. His ass is a nice balance between toned and muscular and a little soft and grabbable. Way too alluring.

"There's one thing first." Jyeon turns to me with a wistful smile, cocking his head to the side. He appraises me as if sizing me up while pondering something, which fires up my suspicion.

"What?" I do not trust that glint in his eye. It's almost predator-like.

"Come with me." He bends towards me, making me squeal as I'm thrust over his shoulder, winding me, and lifted over the top of him in an ungraceful kidnap maneuver. I am practically thrown over him.

"JYEON!" I yell, flailing my arms and gripping him around his back as he turns us and heads for the stair at speed. Holding on for dear life and panicking, seeing as I have never been carried this way.

"What are you doing?" I smack his ass lightly to fight my way free, but he palms one of my butt cheeks to hold me in place, squeezing it, and I catch the chuckle under his breath. He tightens his other arm around my legs to keep me secure and bounces me on his shoulder as he takes the stairs. It's terrifying to be looking down while someone spans a pretty steep staircase with you held so precariously.