62

"I can't believe you completely stripped me." I bat Jyeon in the shoulder with one of his socks, shielding my breasts with his discarded T-shirt as he pulls on his boxers and pushes my bra towards me with one foot. He looks crazy sexy with all his tanned muscles on show, ruffled hair, and a smile on his face of a guy who just got his wife in every position known to man.

"Technically, you helped." He walks off towards the desk in search of more items we tossed aside, and I use the back of the couch to get up from where we finally ended up. Behind the back of the longest side of the sofa on the furry rug in front of the fireplace back here. I am tingling all over, my skin blushed, and my face overly warm from the efforts of the last forty-five minutes.

"I should contact my old doctor for the morning after pill; we didn't exactly take precautions." I am very aware that when he realized he wasn't carrying any condoms, we had sex anyway. Too horny, too caught up, and making the outcome a secondary concern. Stupid, but this man makes me crazy sometimes, and logic flies out the window.

"Or you know... don't." He casts me back a serious glance, his brows furrowing as he finds his jeans and stops to start pulling them on in the middle of my office.

"I don't think now is a good time to be getting knocked up while everything is....."

"Why not?" he cuts me off, walking around and unhooking various clothing from strange places while tossing my own my way. I am practically wearing his t-shirt like a towel and fumbling to straighten out my bra with one hand. It feels weird to be naked in my own office, and yet, looking around, this doesn't feel like I remember. Maybe because of Jyeon, but somehow this familiar room and lonely place got a lot cozier today for the first time. Instead of being a stressful room of bad memories, I feel like I've come home, and all my previous fears seem stupid. I don't know why I avoided this.

"Be serious. We're nowhere near ready for a baby. Are we going to raise it on a boat while I am trying to find my feet in OLO again?" I cock my head to the side, giving him a disapproving look and shaking my head at how impulsive he's being. It's been five minutes since I came back, and it still feels like so much is unsettled.

"So let's buy a house. One here and build one on the island. Let's have a second wedding, solidify everything. You return here part-time, and we take it from there.... work it out as we go. Like we're doing now." The utter sincerity in his tone and how he's stopped dressing to stand with his hands on his hips and watch me send my insides into minor freakout.

"Then we're back to six years ago with me working while pregnant and ...."

"No, we won't be. I'll be following your ass around and taking care of you. Over my dead body, would you be putting in the hours and effort like that again. I'm serious about the management team and a future where neither of us works as much as we did." He juts out his chin in that sign of stubborn Jyeon moving in, and I turn to him, hoping to appeal to his practical side with a softer tone.

"There's no rush. You're jumping in with both feet before we catch our breath. Not to mention..... what if it happens again? What if I lose another one, like Tia..... what if we fall apart all over again." Tears start stinging my eyes as it dredges up to the surface; the cold inner terror of losing another baby lingers in the depths any time I think of her.

Jyeon softens too, his posture slackening as I become visibly upset, and he exhales heavily before walking toward me and tugging me into his arms to cuddle me in tight. Tucking my head under his chin and bringing every part of me to mold to his while giving me that perfect Jyeon bear hug that's become necessary to my daily life.

"I'm not saying we should start actively trying for a baby. I'm saying leave it to fate. Don't take the pill....... There's no reason to think you couldn't have a healthy pregnancy, and if the worst happened, I would never do anything to jeopardize losing you again. I would be your shoulder and support this time. I wouldn't leave you as I did." He rocks me from side to side while I cling onto the only fabric I have to cover my modesty, my stomach swirling with anxiety as I think about what he's saying.