63

I push the paperwork aside to allow one of the twins to slide the sandwich platter on the table between the four of us and smile her way warmly. Watching as the other lays out four glasses of iced soda to help fuel us for a few more hours. Such attentive employees and I already decided with Greta to keep them as full-time staff when we boost the Shack's incoming.

"Thank you. You're a star." I am completely starving after sitting here all morning while we trash out details and plans for the island for the fourth day in a row, and Bryant is taking notes to help draw up the proposal. Jyeon gave him the assignment to work here for two weeks while we do this, and he's not complaining, even if his legal department is without a head and constantly calls for guidance. He's been glued to Greta since he got here and now side by side, facing us; I can tell Greta is happy. She still won't admit they're officially a couple, yet she blooms whenever he's around and dislikes when his attention is not on her somehow. They're weirdly right for each other, and I see deeply relaxed and content energy about her whenever Bryant is here that was never there before.

"This is all giving me a headache. The stuff about the shack becoming a franchise seems overwhelming and more than I can handle. I'm just a food shop owner. I can't do this." Greta pouts her lips at me, nervous about what we intend to do and hasn't grasped how this is a good thing. She's been overthinking her role.

"I told you." I reach out and pat her hand to soothe her. "If you become a franchise under OLO, we will put a manager in here, so you don't have to do anything except train and direct them to help keep the essence of this place. You are getting a lump sum of money invested and can hire as much staff as required. This is your ticket to becoming a boss lady of leisure! You call the shots while retiring to do whatever you want."

"Anything you don't understand, ask me. I will walk you through it all. Answer questions, translate contracts." Bryant leans into her and nudges his shoulder against hers, locking his gaze on her pretty face, and winks at her with a naughtiness, I presume is meant. Smiling sweetly, she seems to melt visibly.

"If the islanders agree to the proposals for a spa resort and a rural adventure site, then the shack will get a huge boost. We can expand and design it exactly how you want it to be as the model for the others we can build nationally. All we'll need from you is design choices." I know she's scared of how big this seems, but I have walked companies through this a million times and set up many successful franchises globally under the OLO umbrella. I can do this with my eyes closed, and she needs to trust that I will take good care of her baby. This place is home to me too, and I would do nothing to jeopardize it.

"Sohla is one of the best at this. Probably thee best. She has taken over and formed franchise brands multiple times, and none have failed under OLO's command. Trust us that we won't screw you over or put you in a position you cannot handle." Jyeon slides his arm along the back of the chair behind me and lounges casually, takes a sandwich with his other hand, and starts tucking in. Breakfast feels like it was a week ago as I'm so hungry I am sure I mustn't have eaten enough, and I follow his example.

"I know this is a good thing, and I can't wait to see this place flourish and become busier, but at the same time, I'm apprehensive about losing our quiet rural life." Greta sinks in her seat, and Bryant slides his arm around her and hugs her.

"If they want to make a living and maintain the village, it can still be both. We plan on developing the parts of the island that are empty and underused. And you have two harbors. The one that caters to commercial ships coming in can be utilized for the spa and resorts to keep traffic minimum."

"He's right. We maintain this side of the island but spruce it up and supply transport from the spa and the adventure grounds. We throw in some major advertising for the services and quaintness for this side, bringing in contracts from more tour boats. And they can dock small vessels here if we extend the harbor to accommodate them."