Finale

One Year Later (final chapter)

"Here, watch your step. Take my arm. Be careful, baby." Jyeon catches me by the elbow as we make our way down the cobbles embedded in soft grass that are a bit slippy from light rain. It's a beautiful day, drying out from yesterday's weather as the sun starts to climb, and the birds are singing loudly as though to welcome us here again. We come often, yet the beauty of this place never ceases to please me.

I'm carrying a box of plants and flowers, concentrating on leading the way while he makes sure I stay steady. I am focused on today's task list in my head as it seems we have a jam-packed schedule today. It's Yoonies birthday, and we have a family tea party after this.

"I'm fine. We're almost there." I turn back, screwing up my nose and making a silly face at the bundle of joy nestled in his arms that always puts me in a good mood and melt when I get a giggled response. Big brown eyes set in the sweetest face and the cutest dimples, resembling his daddy so much that it's scary. I never knew it was possible to create such a perfect mini-me of another human until I looked at Seo-Joon the day he was born. "Aren't we, baby? Just a few more steps, and we can say hello to your big sister." I croon in a sing-song tone at our son, filling up with the strongest maternal love inside when he gives me a toothless grin, and then turn back and lead on in an uplifted mood despite our destination.

"Just be careful. It's hard to catch you when Junior here is getting so heavy. He's no longer the lightweight he was at birth and wriggles." Jyeon tickles him to prove the point, and the air is pierced with the most angelic giggling that almost shatters my heart. Our baby boy is a smiler, and a laugh is never far from those gentle lips.

"Takes after you." I laugh, leaning back to jab Jyeon in the cheek with my pointer finger and blow him an adoring kiss. Joking about my husband's weight. My whole world wrapped up together and following me to see our daughter.

"It's all that home-cooking mummy does, right, Joony? She's making us chubby." Jyeon jests, and I roll my eyes at him, knowing that is far from the truth. He is still as toned and fit as he's always been and the sexiest man alive. My cooking has only seemed to help him build muscle.

"I should stop then and make you go to Auntie Greta's for dinner. The walk will keep you trim; she will not let you have seconds as I do." I stick my tongue out at him.

"I am staying away from that woman for the near future.... she is a worst pregnant person than you ever were, and now I know why they say the hormones can be crazy. I don't know why my best friend chose her as his forever, sometimes." Jyeon laughs, not meaning it, but I have to agree. Greta pregnant is like unleashing a devil; she is way more volatile than I ever was and is prone to outbursts of tears. Bryant is kept on his toes and pandering to every whim like a champ and even delayed their wedding when they got the surprise news about their baby. Bryant is the happiest guy alive next to Jyeon and seems satisfied with his lot in life.

"I am still amused by the fact she barely admits they are a couple, even with an engagement ring, half-planned wedding, and a bump... she's hopeless. Can never admit to needing a man or being anything but a strong independent woman who relies on only herself." My laugh rings out in the serene peace around us as we come up level with the top path that leads us to Tia.

Greta has deep wounds and a serious trust issue with fully letting a man be a huge part of her existence. She loves Bryant to death, but her fears have been tainting her happiness with this pregnancy. We both mourn lost children, so I know why she's scared. I sympathize and understand. She's worried about not being a good mom or that, like all the men in her life, Bryant might one day disappear. She's improving, and it's harder to heal than my scars, but she is getting there.