69

I follow Jyeon around behind the estate agent as she shows us the third property today, and I'm a little bored with endless beige walls and marble kitchen counters. It seems to sell, everyone removes all personality from the buildings, and they blend into a see of neutral boringness. Jyeon seems rooted with interest, and all I keep thinking about is how soon we can eat. Fed up with this already.

My fingers are held snugly in his as he takes command and leads the way, pulling me along like a tired toddler to view endless open spaces and listen to the droning agent describe the light and airy feel. He seems aware of my lack of interaction. Asking her questions and pointing out things I might like in this property instead of the others to coax me to respond. So far, I haven't seen many differences to care.

I'm so tired and done with this today. Aching all over and back with a shitty morning of nausea and fatigue that's dragging my mood down. Drained as though I hadn't slept in a week; my muscles are almost flu-like in how heavy they are. It seems to come and go sporadically all day. Making everything harder to deal with, and honestly, at this point, I would agree to any house and be done with it because I am so over this already. I don't care what the place is like, as our main living abode will be the island, and none of these differ enough to like one more than another. The city houses all look the same, cost the same, and were built by the same designer. The only details that don't match are the commute distances to OLO and mother. That is the only point I actually care about.

"It's five bedrooms even though you said you wanted something small and manageable, but it's a nice compact property with not too much landscaping outside to worry about." The agent beams at Jyeon and waves her hand towards the vast triple patio doors at the far end of the kitchen. Shining bright like she is as though impressed with her genius at such an incredible find, despite being the third fantastic find today.

"Five is fine for a property this size." Jyeon nods, turning enough to look around us into the space, and then glances back at me. A flicker of question crossing his facial expression.

"Room to grow?" She jests with a wink and meets my deadpan expression.

"What do you think?" Jyeon's been overly cheery and optimistic in all three homes, and they all seem fine. Not precisely identical, but close enough that I don't have a favorite. I wish I had his enthusiasm, and maybe if the agent wasn't so irritating.

"It's close to OLO and not that huge a commute to mom, close to the harbor...... it's nice." I sound lackluster, but it's not because I'm trying to be difficult with this or that I'm not in agreement with buying a house. I just badly want to lay down and eat simultaneously, and it's all I can think about.

My head's starting to hurt, and I keep experiencing light dizziness that he would probably overreact if I told him about. He's been tetchy with my symptoms and rushes me to see the doctor at the slightest little thing. It's cute, but god, it's tiring. I am a corpse on moving legs and no mojo and would rather be on the boat than here.

"True..... enough garden for kids and whatever else we want out there."

"It already has a pool house and a two-car garage just in line with the side of the house if you want to go out and look at those. The garage has an upstairs single flat or guest house and is self-contained." Miss agent cuts in, over-enthusiastic with the possible interest from my stony-faced quiet all day. A misunderstanding that I genuinely want it to be wrapped up and for Jyeon to buy any and leave.

"Don't tell Yoonah. He might move in," Jyeon smirks my way, and yet it's the first detail that grips me with genuine interest.

"Or Greta could... when we're here... and Bryant. It would give them their own space." I point out, knowing fine well Greta would hate coming to stay in a house with us for prolonged periods if I needed to be here, but if she had her own space, she might. And my life will have her in it, no matter what.