PREFACE: Who Are You?

Hwang Y/N

Birthdate: March 1, 1997 (Age 25 as of this story)

Family:
Mom, Dad, Sister, Cousin (Hwang Yeji)

Y/N is an Education Scientist at the local science museum. You worked there as a part time "Science Wizard" when you were in university. With the push from your previous boss, who was retiring, you were immediately promoted to her position and became a full-time Education Scientist after graduating university with a science degree (2 years ago). You are responsible for creating new projects, managing and training a small team of "Science Wizards" - basically, part time staff that interacts with people at the museum and support the "Demonstrator" on stage if they are specifically trained for "Soul of Science". While not a world renowned celebrity, you are a known local among the education world and people that have a passion for science. Your role at the science museum is rather interesting. Your main post is stationed at the "Soul of Science" Stage, a special auditorium in the museum that houses live science demonstrations and experiments on a scheduled time each day. A "Demonstrator" (YN or a specifically trained Wizard) runs an entertaining show that talks about different concepts of science with experiments - dubbed by your cheesy boss "science edutainment".

Personality

You are an introvert, and small talk or even just talking to people in general isn't really your forte. However, you are extremely charismatic when you're on your stage presenting and teaching science and things you're passionate about. Although you bust out cheesy dad jokes, it's the dry humor mixed with wittiness, charisma and personality that makes your performances the one of the best highlights for anyone that visits the science museum. As a result, many local news stations connect with you to help promote science and education often asking for interviews and even asking you to show up for a news segment on TV doing a simple science experiment.

As much as you have your strengths, however, you are not without weaknesses. Although cliché, you're an anxious perfectionist. If something doesn't go the way you expected, you end up stressing and dwelling on what went wrong. Despite your anxious nature, you are able hide your emotions well. You can act as if nothing is wrong and give off a vibe that everything is going well to others, but deep inside, you're dying of stress. You are also an overthinker and you often overanalyze everything to a point where it sometimes holds you back from things you want to do in fear of failure, and as a result, it affected you in your career and personal life. For relationships, it's unfortunately the same deal; your overthinking, overanalyzing, lack of confidence and fear of failure has made you reluctant from taking initiative to further relationships with people that you had feelings for.

Your greatest challenge yet:

Despite your lack of confidence up to this point in your life and career, a greater challenge is on the horizon, and it will significantly impact your life. Will you be able to muster up the courage and confidence to get what you want or will the perfectionist, overthinking trait lead you down a path of turmoil and regret? Only time will tell.

Author's Message: Who am I?

Hi. I am Jaemus and I'm just a random guy on the internet. You might be wondering "Jaemus, why are you here with this story?" and I am glad you asked. Let me real with you, I am not sure if you're lucky or unlucky to stumble across this random story. However, I am happy that you're here! Fanfics to me are very interesting, and recently, I somehow stumbled across kpop fanfics and started going down a rabbithole of stories on Wattpad. As a person that enjoys writing stories (although not a good writer by any means), reading random fanfics made me start daydreaming about my kpop biases and inspired me to write my own fanfic...so, here we are with a random TWICE & Red Velvet one. If you enjoy reading stuff with bad grammar, run ons, fragments and cheesy plots, this story might be a good one to use to kill some time.

Note 1: This fanfic has a slow developing story. If you're looking for straight up action packed stuff starting from Chapter 1, it ain't happening. The first several chapters are basically designed to set up the stage for the main storyline.

Note 2: Being a fanfic, there will be events and people that are fictional. Also, any dating announcements, leaks or scandals that come to light will be ignored for this fanfic. However, it may or may not be included depending on how the story plays out.

Note 3: Updates are not scheduled

Disclaimer: Pictures and gifs occasionally used in the story are not owned by me. All rights go to their respective owners.

Side Note: I also have a couple of "original" stories (not fanfics) I wrote back in a day. Who knows? Maybe if I feel brave enough to show you my cheesiness back in the day, I'll upload them eventually.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself here. I hope you enjoy "Love Ain't A Science" so far. Honestly, I don't know how this story is going to go. I kinda have a plan for it, but we shall see if it's a bona fide banger or an utter bust.