Chapter 15: Ex-Factor

MOMO Story
[September 3, 2021 3:29pm]
[On the Phone in JYP Stairwell]

"I miss you these past several months." The voice on the phone said.

"What are you doing calling me, Oppa?" Momo questioned.

"Momo, please. I miss you so much. How can you just...throw us away like this?" The voice questioned.

"What? Throw us away? Are you drunk again?" Momo asked worriedly.

"No. I am as clear as water. I never wanted it to end. I never did. You were the one to drift away. You were the one to end our relationship and you were the one to just walk away from me."

"Heechul Oppa, I don't have time for this. We just never had time to ourselves anymore. I'm sorry, but the love wasn't there anymore." Momo said bluntly to Heechul.

Heechul chuckled disappointedly, "yeah, love was not there....love was not there. I'm starting to think if there was any in the first place."

"Eh? What?"

"Am I wrong? Throughout all of it, I felt like I was only one trying. It was always me that took the initiative, never you." He claimed.

"You're the only one trying? Have you forgotten the first time we hugged? The first time we kissed?" Momo argued. "I have been busy, and I'm sorry if you feel that way, but just because I didn't take a lot of initiative didn't mean I didn't love you."

Heechul was silent for a moment. "Momo...please give me one more chance."

"Oppa, let's be happy that it happened, but I think it's time to move on." Momo said. The rest of the phone call was heavy. Heechul pleaded for a second chance and Momo did not feel the same way anymore. After some discussion, Heechul finally agreed and painfully decided to let go of Momo. Once the phone call ended, Momo stood in the stairwell for a moment lost in thought. Why is he like this? I thought we mutually agreed to end it? Should I give this another chance? But I just don't feel the love anymore. There is no passion, no communication and no care...And then a realization hit Momo, in the latter stages of the relationship, she didn't care anymore. The more she tried, the less committed she felt. Could Heechul be right? Was it Momo that caused it to end? Are we really not able to date until this contract is up? Suddenly, her phone vibrated and it was Jihyo messaging her.

[Chat with Jihyo]

Jihyo~: where are you?

Momoring: on my way back now.

As Momo made her way back up, she walked with tunnel vision.

"Whoop!" A voice yelped as the door to the stairway opened. Immediately, Momo walked right into a figure and quickly backed up.

"Sorry." Momo said while still looking down.

"Momo?" The voice called. Momo recognized the voice. It was YN, but she never bothered looking at him.

"I'm headed that way. Sorry." Momo said as she started walking again.

"Momo, are you—"

"Leave me alone." Momo said coldly. She continued walking towards the practice room. After what felt like an eternity of walking, Momo finally reached the practice room. She opened the door and saw 6 people looking at her as she stood frozen.

 She opened the door and saw 6 people looking at her as she stood frozen