Chapter 21: Follow My Tempo

MINA Story
[FLASHBACK December 12, 2019 3:33pm]
Location: Myoui Residence, Japan

After coming home from the therapist, Mina went straight for a hot bubbly bath to relax. There were a lot of thoughts still going through her mind, and needless to say, it wasn't all happy and dandy ones. Mina thought about herself, her image and her career. Everything just seemed to be crashing down on her and it was like she was against the entire world. Deep breaths, Mina, she told herself. She tried her best to relax and just soaked herself in the bathtub.

After a long warm bath, Mina went for a glass of water and scurried back to her room to find something to do. Minecraft? Not really in the mood for it. Roblox? Nah. Maybe I'll check out Netflix. With Netflix now playing in the background, Mina once again found herself with nothing to do. She scanned around her room and noticed a box that was sent from JYP a few days ago. It was a bunch of fan mail and small gifts from ONCEs awaiting her potential return.

While she was anxious to see what she got, she was also curious about what fans sent. Are they negative comments and letters? Are they haters that are going to tell me not to return? What if it's just a box of hate mail and JYP doesn't know about it? What if the hate and criticism is true? What should I do? A slew of negative thoughts suddenly dawned upon Mina and she began getting sweaty. Even though JYP obviously screened the letters and gifts to put them into one box for Mina, she never realized that and instead, believed it's letters of hate and disapproval. However, she closed her eyes and took several deep breaths to calm herself. She then carefully reached her hand over to the box and slowly opened it.

Inside the box was a bunch of letters along with several random small gifts. A few accessories, stuffies and a nice looking scarf. Mina took the scarf out to examine, and when she pulled it out of the box, another stuffie bounced out that was lodged with the scarf and rolled to the side of her bed.

"Ehh? I got you, naughty plushie." Mina said to the escaping blue and green ball. She picked it up and was immediately distracted by it. She examined the stuffie and it was an earth plush holding a heart. Inside the package was a little card from a fan. After closely examining it, the heart on the earth had a message: You Mean The World To Me. "Oh, how cute." Mina mumbled. Carefully, she opened the bag and took the card and the plushie out. "Oh my, this is so soft," she said with a smile hugging the earth plushie. She opened the card and started reading.

Hi Mina,

This is the first time I'm writing a fan letter to an idol, so bear with me here. Mina, I hope you're doing well. It's tough not seeing you on stage or performing with TWICE, however, health will always come first. As a ONCE, I will always be here for you, and we will wait until however long you need to come back as OT9 with TWICE.

I want you to know that you are doing extremely well. No matter how much you doubt yourself, you have gone so far in your life. You're a strong, beautiful and amazing star.

Just as this plushie's message conveys, you mean the world to millions and millions of ONCEs. And when all seems to be dark, and when you feel like everything is against you, just know that you will forever have me and the little earth plushie supporting you until the world stops spinning.

Love from a ONCE,

Hwangie YN.

YN Story
[October 20, 2021 9:00am]
Location: pH-ONE Science Museum

As you made your way to the lobby to meet with TWICE, the group was clumped in a circle and only a few members saw you approaching. You signaled to them to keep quiet as you wanted to sneak up on an unsuspecting Mina, who had her back faced against you. Stealthily, you snuck your way up to Mina and gently said "Boo," next to her ear.