Chapter 27: Falling for the Wan

YN Story
[June 30, 2021 10:50am]

~Cause we are Queens and Kings, soneul deo nopi, moilsurok areumdapge, Shining bling bling~

The speakers on the Soul of Science Stage were blasting Queendom by Red Velvet. While Dami and Yujin were outside on the stage setting things up for your debut fire show, you were backstage filling up hydrogen balloons, an explosive and reactive balloon when it comes in contact with fire.

"YN Oppa, do you know where the barium is?" Dami asked.

"On the ground," you replied. As you answered Dami, there was a familiar yet weird feeling about the entire situation. It was kind of like deja vu and somehow, this happened before. You couldn't explain it, but you felt that something just didn't sit right.

Dami picked up the barium, and on her way out, she picked up three hydrogen balloons to tie them to a balloon poll outside on the stage.

"What in the world is this?" You mumbled. For the last balloon, you filled it up with hydrogen to the brim and you knew there was a possibility of popping, but you didn't really care and just brought it out to the stage. As you walked out, you scanned around the audience and didn't notice a guest that said she would attend your show. "She slept in didn't she?" You sighed in disappointment and started tying the balloon in place on the poll. While tying the balloon, you were anticipating that it would pop, but to your surprise, even with the balloon filled to the brim, nothing happened. For some inexplicable reason, there was just a weird vibe to the day.

After securing the balloon, Yujin, Dami and you went backstage for a sip of water before the show. Curiously, Yujin asked "say, why do we always have Red Velvet music playing? Is it allowed?"

Dami smiled and replied "YN is friends with the RV members. Much more than friends with one of them—"

"Nuh Uh Uh! Stop right there," you said, interrupting Dami.

"F-FRIENDS WITH RED VELVET?! How? When? Y-you're dating one?!"

"I'll tell you another time. But now, it's showtime." You said with a smirk.

[SHOWTIME 11:00am]

The lights turned off and the entire auditorium was dark. The only light on was a dim backstage light that allowed you and the Science Wizards to see. You walked over to an apparatus that had a solution of soapy water that was connected to a natural gas line. You flipped the switch and gathered a blob of soap bubbles on your hand. As you walked toward the edge of the stage to perform your first science experiment to the audience, you saw someone sitting at the corner that promised you she'd be there to watch you. She arrived, you thought to yourself with a smile. You took out a lighter and lit up the bubbles on your hand and it created a fireball that quickly extinguished itself with the evaporating soap.

The lights to the stage then illuminated and several spot lights were on you. "HAPPINESS, Annyeonghaseyo, YN imnida!"

At the corner, you saw a girl laughing hysterically immediately after you did a Red Velvet greeting. It was a deal you made with her that if she shows up, you will introduce yourself like that. Knowing that she was there to watch your new show, you smiled and put all of your energy into it.

The show was a total success. Several experiments got very positive reactions from the audience and the dance party in the middle of your presentation was one of the loudest and most exciting responses you've ever seen in your time at pH-ONE.

After the show concluded, a kid in the audience asked you an interesting question, "YN Oppa, do you like Red Velvet?"

"Yes I do," you answered.