Chapter 31: Cooking Up Science

SANA Story
[November 28, 2021 8:16am]

"How are you feeling?" Sana asked YN. After a morning yoga session, they were walking towards YN's car to go home.

"Good. I quite enjoy these weekly yoga sessions with you," YN answered. "I gotta say, I would've never guessed that you'd be a morning person," he added. Since August, Sana and YN have been meeting up every week with the exception of a couple of them in early November due to SCIENTIST comeback preparations. Despite YN telling Sana to rest on Sunday mornings, Sana made it a commitment to still workout for an hour or so before practices.

Intrigued, Sana wanted to know what YN thought of her. "Really? Then what kind of person did you assume I was?"

"Well, a little more free spirited, and doesn't follow any particular routine." YN said. "Although it is a pleasant surprise that you make time to see me almost every week to exercise together."

Sana giggled, "I'm kind of both I guess. I didn't have much purpose before and I had no one to routinely go with before. But after I met you, there was a little balance because I made it a goal to see you every Sunday."

"Ah, because I only have days off on Sundays and Mondays?" YN added, understanding what Sana meant. Being an idol, their hours are more than messed up. Long days and late nights often result in idols neglecting their personal balance and well being sometimes. It's hard to have any type of normal routine.

"Yeah, it really helps to have consistency like that. I miss that part of life, but I guess being an idol, you win some and you lose some, right?" Sana confessed. While she likes being an idol, there are many simple things she misses or would eventually like to experience. Maybe a 9-5 job, with proper days off. After work, go on a date night with YN-Nie. Perhaps on a weekend, have a stay home day and a grocery day. And even maybe a vacation, or staycation somewhere nearby and just enjoy life with YN-Nie, someone she loves dearly. She always wondered what life would be like as a normal person; normal, being the definition of not having a spotlight on her 24/7, having an established routine, and eating whatever she wants without any worry to diet, and in general, just be a simple citizen. Those are all something she feels like she's missing as an idol.

"So what are you going to do for the rest of the day before the party tonight?" Sana asked while hopping into YN's car.

"Well, I'm probably going to get some ingredients for a dessert I'm making for tonight." YN answered.

"Tonight? PD-Nim gave us a credit card to order whatever we want, you don't have to bring food." Sana said.

"I know, but I just want to make something for TWICE as a personal thank you." YN responded.

Intrigued, Sana was curious, "oh? Whatcha making?"

"It's a surprise, Sana. I'm not telling you." YN replied.

"But I want to help." Sana said. "I have nothing to do today anyways." Since it's just the beginning phase of the Japanese album preparation, the bulk of the work will be in December for TWICE. Therefore, JYP allowed TWICE to have an extra day in lieu for a day off on the day of the party with the pH-ONE team members.

"Ah, Mina did tell me that you all have a day off today." YN said. "Well I'm just going to the grocery store and then going home...unless you want to go to my place to help make the dessert." YN said.

Happily, Sana agreed. Finally, a day of just spending with YN a little more normally than just practicing and rehearsing for work. "Yeah! I'd love to do that!"

"O-oh ok. Are you sure Hyejoon hyung won't be mad about this?" He asked.

"Why would he? It's my day off, we are free to do whatever we want," Sana happily replied.