Chapter 23: Michaeng vs. Saida

CHAEYOUNG Story
[October 20, 2021 11:40pm]

While Mina was resting in bed, someone knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Mina asked.

"It's Chaeyoungie, I'm coming in!" Before Mina could even answer, Chaeyoung barged in and sat on Mina's bedside. Mina scooched over a bit and repositioned herself in her bed to make room for Chaeyoung. "So Mina, tell me what happened today," Chaeyoung said with curiosity and excitement.

Mina smiled brightly. Although she knows what Chaeyoung was asking about, Mina playfully tried to avoid answering the question. "Nothing really. What happened?"

"The kiss you gave to YN! Stop denying it," Chaeyoung said with a pout.

Shyly, Mina looked down at the bed, "well...I don't know. I just felt like it in the heat of the moment, I guess," she started. "His cheek was so soft," Mina continued, now blushing from top to bottom with a bright smile. Mina then defended herself saying, "p-plus, it wasn't that big of a deal, was it? It was just a kiss on the cheek, not an intimate kiss on the lips or something..."

Chaeyoung saw it in Mina's eyes. It was easy to tell that Mina would most definitely kiss him on the lips if they had known each other longer and were closer than they already are. "You really like him, don't you?"

"I guess so," Mina confessed.

"Are you going to ask him out or tell him at least?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Eh?" Mina responded with surprise.

"Look Mina, if you do like him, you should tell him. Do you think he's worth the shot of trying?"

Mina was conflicted. Her expression changed from a happy one to a confused one. "Chae, I-I really don't know," she started. "Seeing him with Seulgi last time makes things so much harder. Just the way they interact makes them look like they're soulmates for each other..." Mina trailed off.

"Hmm."

Mina continued, "they have an unspoken yet obvious chemistry with each other that's almost unmatched. Even Bam Bam, as much as he tried with Seulgi, he just doesn't match YN. Just as I can't match against Seulgi for YN-nie..."

"You do know that you have a very strong chemistry with him too right? Just like today, the dance was insane," Chaeyoung said.

Mina smiled and slid her face under the covers. It was clear that she felt the connection with YN too. "When he had his arms around me...I-I...how do I even say it?"

"You loved every second of it. It was sexy wasn't it?" Chaeyoung asked, teasing Mina under the covers with tickles.

Mina giggled and wiggled in bed, "Chaeyoungie, stop!"

"I'm sleeping here tonight," Chaeyoung announced, shuffling herself into a better position and sliding into Mina's blanket.

"What the heck?" Mina mumbled.

"Well, since YN isn't here, I'll be the substitute for now," Chaeyoung continued to tease Mina.

"Yah! What is wrong with you?" Mina giggled. Despite her resistance, Chaeyoung moved closer and wrapped herself around Mina, with Mina doing the same. "Good night, Chaeyoungie," Mina said softly as she turned off the lights in the room.

"Good night." Silence fell in the darkness and Mina's breathing started slowing down. For a while, Chaeyoung kept her eyes open and stared at Mina gracefully sleeping.

[Chaeyoung's Thoughts]
Mina really likes YN, but I wonder how YN actually feels about Mina. Is she just a Kpop bias, or is she someone he'd actually consider being in a relationship with? Does he like Seulgi? But why doesn't he make a move on Seulgi? Is he waiting for someone else, like Mina? Maybe Sana?