Ending 9: Beary Penguin's Finale

SEULGI Story
[December 20, 2021 2:03pm]
Location: Nobel CaFe, Seoul

And you know what I saw on December 14th when I got to her place? I saw Bam Bam giving her a kiss at the entrance to her apartment. What can I do, huh? Seulgi, tell me what can I do? Yeah, that's what I thought, you have no answer, Seulgi.

YN-Nie...I can explain...

No need, noona. The decision is already made. Nothing matters anymore.

"Hoooo..." Seulgi sighed in agony. The words from the exchange with YN from their date night pierced deep into her heart. Nothing matters anymore, was probably one of the most painful statements YN said to Seulgi, ever. As Seulgi stood at the front waiting area, her breathing started getting heavier and tears slowly blurred her vision slightly.

"Here's your tea, Miss," the barista then said, handing a drink over to Seulgi.

"T-thanks."

"Miss, is everything alright?" The barista asked.

"Y-yeah. Just allergies," Seulgi said with a fake chuckle. "T-thanks."

Despite ordering a tea, Seulgi was so distracted that she thought she ordered a coffee instead, even though oddly, she didn't even like coffee. She started adding some cream to the drink and then added sugar, an unhealthy amount of sugar. Like a mindless, soulless robot machine, Seulgi ripped one packet of sugar. A second one. A third one. And another. Another one. And again.

"Uh Miss? Your tea is overflowing," the barista said, as the tea flowed out of her cup.

"Oh...."

"Miss, let me make you a new one. You probably don't want a tea with just straight up sugar crystals...this one is on the house," She said.

"T-thank you...." Seulgi said.

After all this time, you still don't see it. You're right, nothing matters anymore now that you're leaving anyways.

A-Ajumma, I hope you'll be healthy and happy...

"Hooo..." Seulgi sighed again. "How can I be happy without you? You stupid Pabo!" She mumbled.

Moments later, the barista came back with a new cup of tea. "Well Miss, here's your tea. Remember, moderation is key with the cream and sugar."

Seulgi chuckled, "you're right, t-thanks."

Seulgi took her drink and started making her way to the exit. To her right, she suddenly heard someone calling for her. "Seulgi Unnie."

"Huh?"

"Over here," the voice said.

"M-Mina?" Seulgi walked over to Mina sitting alone

"M-Mina?" Seulgi walked over to Mina sitting alone. "How are you?"

"Unnie, do you have a moment?"

"Uh," Seulgi scanned her watch. Practice was supposed to be at 3:00 today, but due to a schedule change in Taeyeon's availability, the dance practice is optional for members today. Seulgi opted to just take it easy for one more day to rejuvenate and reset. Needless to say, the date night with YN had a huge impact on her. "S-sure," she blurted nervously.