Chapter 7: "Seul" of Science - The Incident

SEULGI'S Story
[FLASHBACK Early January day 2020]
[11:15am]

After the stage incident with Wendy, Red Velvet completed the end of year and new year promotions with heavy hearts. SM Entertainment decided that Red Velvet will have 3 weeks off before continuing their activities. While "Monster", Irene's and Seulgi's project was about to begin, SM Entertainment decided to postpone it for a few weeks for them to rejuvenate and clear their minds. After all, that freak accident was traumatizing for everyone. Fortunately, in the unfortunate circumstances, Wendy is expected to be up and ready to go in several months after rehabilitation. Despite all members of Red Velvet taking the news hard, the hardest hit member emotionally was Seulgi.

With a couple of weeks off, the members opted to spend a few days together before heading home to see their family and go on their own break.

"It's actually quite nice to just take it easy for a bit." Yeri said, plopping herself on the couch.

"Let's do something fun today." Joy suggested.

Seulgi was silent just thinking about Wendy. "Unnie" Yeri nudged Seulgi. "Let's do something fun together. Reset our minds."

"She's right. Seung Wannie (Wendy) is at least fine and in good condition." Irene chimed in. Seulgi nodded.

"What should we do?" Yeri asked

"Park?" Joy suggested.

"I actually want to visit the science museum." Irene said. She was met with a couple of weird looks. "They just opened the new Garden Dome. I want to see the gardens."

"Oh?" The girls' attitudes changed from unimpressed to intrigued.

"Hmm, I think that'd be fun. I want to see it too." Said Seulgi.

"Alright. It's decided then. Science museum it is." Concluded Irene.

While scrolling through the website, Yeri suggested "should we go after lunch? It closes at 6." The Red Velvet members agreed and headed for lunch.

[1:30pm]

After a hearty meal, Red Velvet arrived at the ph-ONE Science Museum and things got immediately chaotic. For a moment, the girls didn't know what to do. They stood at the interactive directory for a good minute just stunned. The science museum is huge. For the next little while, the girls debated how they should approach their day. Suddenly, an assertive mom voice squashed the debate with "let's just start with Universe of Microbes and make our way to the other exhibits." Irene said.

The science museum was purposely designed with each exhibit in a specific spot starting from "Universe of Microbes" and continues to animal biology, nature (Garden Dome), human anatomy, chemistry, physics, technology, earth and space. The Soul of Science Stage is strategically located next to the atrium, a place where visitors must pass through to get to other exhibits. With that, Red Velvet's science adventure begins.

[2:53pm]

After learning about animal biology, Red Velvet continued their journey hoping to hop to the next exhibit. As they headed to the atrium, Joy said in excitement "hey look! The stage place is open!" On the other side of the atrium, the Soul of Science Stage's glass doors were wide open welcoming guests to the 3:00pm show.

"In An Instant? Interesting name for the show." Seulgi commented.

"Shall we?" Irene asked.

"We shall, unnie." Yeri confirmed. The girls headed towards the auditorium and were greeted by the gate usher. As they arrived, it was a moderately packed show.