Chapter 5: 2nd One is the Charm

YN Story
[2:50pm]

The doors to the "Soul of Science" Stage opened and a flock of people rushed in for the 3:00pm show. Dami and Joongki were setting up on the stage as you were backstage preparing and replenishing chemical solutions that were running low. Yujin was done for the day.

"So how was your lunch?" Dami asked as she returned backstage.

"Good." YN replied nonchalantly. Nothing about it was really that good in reality, but you didn't want to talk about it.

"Yujin is going to bombard you next week just so you know." Dami said.

"Why?" You asked.

"He wants to know how you know Seulgi and why you're so close with her. He's more than a little...envious." She said with a chuckle.

As you heard Dami say Seulgi's name, the weird feeling you got from earlier when you saw her walking with Eunkwang is back. "Wonder how she's enjoying the movie...with him..." you thought. With you lost in thought, there was an eerie silence in the back room.

"You good YN?" Dami asked.

"Yeah, of course I am," you replied and quickly changed the topic asking Dami "liquid nitrogen is good?"

"Yeah. No more leaks when I went to grab this dewar." Dami replied.

"Nice." YN simply responded.

Joongki then came in "Annyeong yeorobun" he said in a jokingly mocking tone to tease YN.

His tease made you chuckle because you never realized you do that basically every show. Joongki then put some marshmallows in a cup and then poured liquid nitrogen over it. The bowl immediately erupted into a cloud of fog and a sizzling sound came from the marshmallows. "You ready?" He asked.

"Ready." Dami said.

You took a deep breath and tried your best to hide all of the weird feelings, uncomfortable vibes and Seulgi in your mind. "Let's go." You said as the clock hit 3:00pm.

TWICE Story
[Time Rollback: 11:43am]

After YN's first show and Sana's flirtatiousness subdued, the TWICE girls debated on where to go next. A few of them wanted to visit the Deep Divers' Cove, a couple others wanted to visit the Anatomy Exhibit and the gamers of the group wanted to visit the Technologically Scienced Exhibit. As a result, the girls were split up into 3 groups. The groups were as follows:

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Sana
Momo, Tzuyu, Dahyun
Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Mina

Each group went on their own and started on separate science journeys. They did meet back together for a short period of time when they had an outdoor lunch as a large group at the Science Park. After a hearty lunch with each other, they all dispersed into small groups again.

[2:45pm]

As their day was winding down Mina, Jihyo and Chaeyoung saw most of what they wanted. "So, anything else you want to do?" asked Jihyo.

"Hmm..." Chaeyoung trailed.

"Mina?" Jihyo called.

Mina was conflicted. Moments ago, Mina saw on the "pH-ONE Daily Schedule Board" that there was another show on the Soul of Science Stage called "The Last Show" that starts at 3:00pm. She didn't know what it meant, but she was also intrigued. Last show of the day? The last show for YN before he starts working with TWICE? Perhaps, the last show for YN in general and he will work on other projects? She was silent.

"Mina?" Chaeyoung called this time.

"I'd like to be alone for the last bit." Mina said.

Jihyo and Chaeyoung looked at her blankly, but accepted it. "Alright. You be careful alright?" Jihyo said. Mina nodded. Jihyo then reminded "remember we will be at the lobby at 4."