AO3 story that I'll dump here for now

Harsh thuds of shoes colliding against rocky concrete were heard, small grains and pebbles rubbed under the weight of their bodies. The night made sure their faces were mostly hidden. An occasional street light revealed focused eyes, narrowed and determined with an obvious goal in mind.

None of them had a clue where the hell they were off to. It didn't matter when they quickly made the deeply flawed plan, but it sure did matter now. It didn't take long until huffs of breath were being forced out of their lungs. Hearts working fast, and each one of their brains working even harder. Without much communication, after all, they were running, they decided to follow one of them.

It was quickly decided that they would trail behind sapnap. He didn't give much argument, still not knowing where he was going. They all knew they had to go somewhere, so they just kept running. Their legs didn't stop, arms swinging by their sides and hair flapping behind them. Or, more or less, stuck to their sweaty foreheads.

Soon enough the familiar red and blue lights became distant, and the blare that would make dream wince was no longer heard.

A large smile crept up sapnap's face, a face known as victory. Yet they all knew it was going to be a stretch to win the final battle.

     ━─━────༺༻────━─

"How could you let them get away?!" Large hands slammed down onto the dark oak table, papers flew up slightly at the sudden action. An angered face stared back at a rather scared expression. The man's left hand came to pinch the bridge of his nose.

"You know what? Get out and don't come back until you have some sort of lead." There wasn't any aggravation in the words, the other man in the room quickly nodded and shuffled to move. Shutting the door behind him. Even if the cold words didn't have any anger written within them, he knew the boss was mad. The anger that bubbled within his body would make anyone at least a bit scared.

With a sigh, the head director of the Dream Team Case (DTC) sat down with a puff. His desk chair squeaking slightly as weight pushed onto the spine of the chair too fast. Anger built up inside of him, eyebrows narrowed to show only half of the feelings within him.

If this was a movie, he would have settled on roughly pushing the dozens upon dozens of papers that sat on his desk. He contained the feeling, knowing that it would be hell to organize them. He had to constantly remind himself that this was real life. That lives were at risk, that is was his job to stop crime. He knew he couldn't just pull a stunt hundreds of movies have pulled. Yet, sometimes it was so tempting to let his frustration out.

The director shut his eyes, giving them a very short rest until he had to go yell at incapable workers. Most likely for the way they slacked off. It wasn't ideal. For him and the people that unfortunately had to work under him.

This case of delinquents had been going on for far too long, for anyone's liking. In fact, even Dream Team was starting to get tired of running from most establishments. Yet it was a feeling unmatched like any other.

The man that called himself Sapnap would describe bit as, a risk, gamble whether their luck would run out and the cable or freedom would be cut.

In a way, he was addicted to the feeling of gambling for his freedom. For his own life. The rush he'd get when the police would arrive and it was up to him to make the decisions. He felt tingly knowing that it was all up to him to gamble for not only his but his friend's free will. Somehow he always managed. Like some freak-addicted gambler. Sapnap's preferred gamble was the privilege for his heart to beat inside his body.

It was a feeling both Dream and George didn't like but had to endure. Dream was the most anxious one out of their little group. Every single time they would succeed in fleeing from the cops, they would need at least a 5-hour window for breathing. For contemplating their life decisions. It was one of his weakest traits, he was too emotional. It didn't pair well with breaking the law multiple times. Somehow he's still here.