In the darkest shadow

The moment the fire globes flared to life and illuminated the cave, I sat up again, this time my ears were pleasantly in the waterfall. I had went to the waterfall before Winter could reserve it, so I spent the night having my head battered by the water. I didn't hate it, it definitely helped me to sleep.

I heard the crunching of food echo from above so I supposed it was Marsh eating again.

Sure enough, when I landed on the tree walkway, Marsh was stuffing his face with mangoes. Sky was still sleeping in the hammock, her tail drooped over her snout. Marsh looked up, offering me a mango, his snout covered in mushed fruit.

Then when everyone woke up because Marsh threw bananas at them Sky decided to drag me outside to train my stamina. Usually I wouldn't complain, but she forbid me from eating breakfast. I should have accepted that mango.

Once we took to the sky, we raced up and down the cliff. Every time my claws brushed the grass, I would pump myself up back towards the top of the cliff again. Literally after only five rounds, I had fallen in the pond, clutching a stitch at my side.

Sky landed next to me, smoothing her crest, "That was bad."

"Can tell," My head was stuck in the mud, I could barely hear anything.

"Sky, are you torturing Coral with 'Stamina' again?" Ash had flown down to us and yanked my not submerged tail and I found myself face dow in the grass, unwilling to look up.

"Anyways," Ash went on, "I saw something interesting. The forest there probably holds Hydroblasts. Far into it."

He pointed south, in the direction of the trees. I cocked my head at the woods curiously. What did it hide?

"Are you sure?" Asked Sky. "We're in a little bit of a mess with a new dragon and you want to get more?"

"Very sure. Also saw Solarflares close by. Better increase protection here."

Ash was right. If any Solarflare found those Hydroblasts, they would search the area with hopes of finding more.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Quick! Above the clouds! Winter can shelter us with the clouds! The Solarflares cannot stand water!" Roared Ash.

"How about you?" I asked. It was like he forgot that he was a Solarflare himself.

Winter opened a space in the cloud and Ash spiralled above the clouds.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" I demanded as I powered myself up to the clouds.

"Maybe when you are ready." Winter smiled.

This could be the only way to travel. My tail skimmed on the soft, fluffy cloud and the warm air, swerving around Ash who was literally 5 feet above the cloud so his tail wouldn't get wet. The bright sunlight flashed around us.

"Weird. One moment I feel like I'm gonna die, the next I felt right at home." Grumbled Ash.

Occasionally he would dip down to check if they reached yet, but finally after what felt like an hour, he called , "Down here! Hurry!" We shot through the fluffy, cotton-candy like cloud. We hovered over Ash and he dipped his tail to the forest below. Black smoke and ash swirled around the burning trees and Ash caught a wisp of ash between his talons and sighed. "Fire. The Solarflares are here."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

"I'll patrol up here. The Waterblasts may be fighting right now, so you all better move fast. Make sure the Solarflares don't follow." Ash pointed out.