Battle for Ethiopia

"Woah. Books really make Earthbounds seem like dirty, uncivilised dogs." Sky watched the large army march towards their leader, the smiling, friendly Earthbound - Tumbleweed -, who just told everyone to help each other, survive and that reinforcements would arrive sooner or later.

"The books makes us seem worthless. Are we dirty? No. Dogs? No, we're dragons. But are we uncivilised? Maybe! We're literally fighting over a piece of land that is meant to belong to humans! We live in the places where the humans don't mind us! Yet, greedy Solarflares think that we have control over people and think that this beautiful country, Ethiopia, should be theirs! We must fight for the people!" Tumbleweed cried to hoots and cheers. Marsh and a few others wolf-whistled.

Tumbleweed waved Windstorm over and Blackberry, disguised as a Skycloud, pushed him through the crowd of curious Earthbounds, who scattered in front of him, watching eagerly.

"Guys? This is Windstorm, he'll be helping us fight today. Can some dragons volunteer to help him please?"

Marsh had trotted to Windstorm before Tumbleweed pulled Marsh away. "No, Marsh, you'll be wrecking havoc at the back, your powers will be use-"

"I want to be at the frontlines, please."Marsh requested.

The Earthbound Power nodded a little reluctantly and Marsh walked off to the very front of the lines; some dragons seemed to recognise him and pelted him playfully with dirt chunks.

In the end, it was decided that both Sky and Blackberry would guard Windstorm and they would release hurricanes to confuse the Solarflares, but only when Tumbleweed signalled to them that it was time to do it.

Windstorm huffed anxiously as the most powerful Earthbounds gathered in the air to attack from the above with waterballs. It was actually easier for Earthbounds to call upon water than Hydroblasts themselves, but the blast would always be a little weaker. Then the front liners spotted the flames and growled softly, alerting the rest.

No time to be scared now, he thought as he looked at the huddle of people, about twenty to thirty, grouped in a safe spot with Tumbleweed watching over them. The looks on their faces- it was the look of fear-worry for their country.

These people need the land more than we dragons do.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

An obnoxious toot of the horn as Flare, almost twice the size of Tumbleweed, strode up majestically to the Earth Power, who dropped him straightway into a sinkhole and then shot him out towards the watching Solarflares, many of which scattered away, but a few lifted him up and set him back on the sand, before making their way back to their battle positions.

"Isn't that too far?" He asked Tumbleweed, who dug his claws into the sand with a soft growl, eyes narrowed and suspicious.

"Too far... too far... in fact, I'm here to officially announce that I am retreating out of... um... Utopia?"

A tall and angry looking human burst out into speech which sounded like "ETHIOPIA!", shaking his fist at Flare and Tumbleweed nodded, replying in the same language.

Turning back to Flare, Tumbleweed snapped, snout void of friendliness, "Retreat? Lies. We know that you all, yes, every one of you Solarflares, want the land to be rotten, lacking of life and just on fire overall. You want that? Then come out and fight like a korscof." Flare bent down to Tumbleweed's height and hissed,"Then you've chosen death." Flare lunged for the Earthbound and a couple other Earth dragons dived down and scooped away the humans, flying off into the distance to hide them somewhere safer. Tumbleweed struggled to scoot out underneath the large dragon but thanks to his small size, he managed, and landed lightly on his back, covering Flare's eyes with his claws and yelling a string of words into the air.

Then Flare stopped moving and collapsed to the ground. Tumbleweed then dove into the fray, unleashing as many waterballs as possible and dodging the retaliations from the Solarflares. The Earthbound with the lower power merely caused the Solarflares inconvenience by tying them to the ground with vines or throwing them into sinkholes. The Solarflares would soon rise again, angrier than before but more drained of energy.

The more powerful Earthbounds fought by trying their best to manipulate water in a way that disintegrated as many Solarflares as possible, or make the wind carry the Fire Dragons away. They even made it a game.

"Hey!" Marsh shouted through the chaos. "Whoever hits the most Solarflares with waterballs get an extra five mangoes from me later!"

"Deal!" Another Earthbound screamed back, and now the Earth Dragons were fighting with even more vigour and intensity.

Tumbleweed suddenly yelled something and the Earthbounds retreated back a few claws, and the Solarflares greedily pushed forward even more. Then Tumbleweed signalled to the three hovering above the chaos in a circle, too far away for the Solarflares to see, but they could see everything.

All this while, Windstorm, Sky and Blackberry were charging up together for a hurricane. The ball of light floated in between them glowing brighter each second. Windstorm nodded down to Tumbleweed, and added his own little spark of water which curled around the ball of light milliseconds before Blackberry dropped it down to the horde of fire dragons. The hurricane came, fast and strong. The sand got blown around in the air. Lightning flashed and thunder clapped, as the disaster struck. Earth dragons dived into makeshift shelters and the Solarflares grabbed Flare and tried backing away, but it was too late.

The hurricane sucked up every last Solarflare with a loud whirring sound, and every dragon's ears throbbed as they heard the screams and shrieks of the dying Solarflares and the hurricane whirled away, and they heard the lighting and thunder follow the hurricane carrying the defeated Solarflares out of Africa.

The remaining Solarflares surrendered as the Earthbounds closed in on them, and were brought to a safe place to be interrogated.

"Was that it?" Sky blinked and looked down at the mess in the sand.

Claws wrapped around Windstorm, who was still recovering from the attack, "No." Coral hissed as she jumped into her self- made sand whirlpool that took her back to safety with a kidnapped Windstorm. "Thank Winter for me!" She yelled just as the whirlpool closed, just as Blackberry tried to jump in and follow her.

"Isn't that a Hydroblast? Windstorm will be okay, right?" Tumbleweed limped over, wincing a little.

"No." Blackberry said in a small voice,"That's my rogue niece."

Tumbleweed smoothed his crest, "Good to know. I think that Ethiopia is safely in our claws now. Let's see if our interrogations can get anything out of those greedy volcano- lickers."