Into the deep dark

Blackberry stabbed her claw into a hole in the rock, and the crack ricocheted off the stone walls and filled the cave with noise.

"Stooooop. Im losing my sanity." Snapped Windstorm, clapping his talons over his ears. Winter was flopped on the ground, playing with his chains. The chains looped around their ankles and connected around an crystal which was wedged between small fissures in the wall.

"I think... if we break that... crystal maybe the chains will fall apart and break."

"Can you try-"

"Becoming a Solarflare and accidentally kill you all? There's too little space."

Windstorm glanced over at Coral who still hadn't looked up. Ever since she came back from what insane Marsh would call 'the legendary showdown' she was silent, and her scales were a much darker blue than it used to be. Blackberry sighed, "I just wish they would tell us what they want and KILL US ALREADY."

"I-?"

"Huh?"

"I thought I saw a brown-"

"Windstorm, if you wanna sink into insanity, okay, but don't drag me along with you!"

————————————————————————————————————————————

"Okay. I am 100% sure that didn't exist the last time I was here." Muttered Ash, pointing at a jeremejevite dragon with ruby eyes and a carving on its tail that wrote Flare.

It looks like it was made by a 1 year old dragon.

Amber huffed a puff of smoke and nudged him to face a magma arch, about 12 feet tall and the magnificent detailed carving depicted the first four dragons on earth with the abilities of the elements.

[HISTORY TIME!!! SORRY PEOPLE.]

Four dragons in the world. One elemental power given to them. The rest were dragons with the simple ability to breathe fire and teleport.

Over time, the other dragons took on forms of the dragons with the elemental abilities, loosing their ability to teleport and fire-breathing along the way. All lived in peace. The fire dragons, or Solarflare, wanted to learn of fire, allow other dragons to understand it, so the fire dragon set a thicket of trees on fire, transforming them to the first fire trees. There were a number of deaths in not only dragons, but plant species as well. This led to a huge argument between the Solarflares and Hydroblasts, and the Solarflares relocated away from the other Dragon species.

As time passed, harmony was forgotten, and the different tribes talked about one another with a certain distaste, all hopes for peace were lost.

Then the Solarflares attacked.

Almost wiping out the population of the Shadowground, who had been sent from the moon to earth. It led to the bloodiest war in dragon history, resulting in a win in the Shadowground's side, as they blinded all armies permanently, leaving them to be a burden on all tribes. The other species left to find their natural habitat, deciding not to interfere with the other's business.

The Solarflares returned to the Teeth of Flame, full of bitterness and anger.

Skyclouds found their home in the sky, and gradually the tribe spilt into half, the blinded drifting off to the tip of Wind mountain, where they renamed their home 'Dragon Clouds'. It is currently unknown where the other half of the tribe is.

Earthbounds stayed in the warm marshes, keeping to themselves and helping nature bloom from every corner in the earth, although the Skyclouds and Earthbounds still remained in contact.

The Hydroblasts stayed in the water, safely away from the fire dragons.

The last Shadowgrounds slunk into the darkest corners, for most tribes feared meeting them once again.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Wow. This place... changed a lot." Ash looked at the large gate made of indestructible red crystal.

"Now," muttered Amber, "We use" -she pointed at the dragon tucked under Ash's wing- "That lizard to get in."

"No, YOU'RE the lizard!" A tiny voice piped up.

"Shush." Grumbled Ash. Then sudden tickling flared under his wing. It was also wet.

PAINFULLY WET.

"ARE YOU LICKING ME-"

Amber kicked his shin and growled, "Shut up. Do you want to get in or not?"

Ash rolled his eyes and fell silent, glancing back at the arch. Why did they suddenly decide to build an arch? And about the history of the dragon species?

"Halt!" Screeched a booming, deep voice. Ash almost jumped out of his scales and heard a yelp.

"State your name and purpose!" The gate in front morphed into a large dragon, twice the size of Amber and still bigger than Ash himself. Ash glanced nervously at the cursed crystal, before saying, "Ash and Amber. We are returning an Earthbound to its original place."

The dragon glared at Ash suspiciously. "You're not recorded in the Solarflare list. Name your rank!" Ash spotted Amber dig her claws in and mouth at him, "Try sixth rank! If not, hold him off and I'll attack."

"Sixth rank." Ash stuttered, watching the Earthbound slide away from him carefully and duck in the side. Amber shifted slightly to stand in front of him.

"There's no Ash in the sixth." The crystal lunged towards him, and Ash leapt on the dragon's back. Balancing wildly on the statue, he yelled, "HOW IN THE LAVA WORMS DO I DEACTIVATE THE CURSE?"

Amber grabbed the crystal dragon by the tail and swung it in a circle, with Ash holding on to the ridges for dear life. "You're supposed to hit the belly-" the statue had swiped a claw at her neck and she dropped it, causing Ash to jump off and land on the dragon's back. It's claws dug in the lava- filled dirt and threw it into Ash's eyes, obscuring his vision and making him yelp.

Amber grunted and helped Ash flip the dragon over.

"You know what? The idea of yeeting this dragon out of the volcano is not a bad idea." She panted, sitting on the dragon's tail and watching it flail its claws, the crystal glinting and flashing in the lava's light. "Go on." She added. "Touch the belly."

Once those words left her mouth, the speed of the statue's talon flailing increased a ton.

"I don't think I can do that without getting my claws ripped off."

"How about this, then." Molten lava poured on the crystal dragon's chest, immediately turning into stone and locking it in place. It growled and gripped the rock, as if it yearned to rip the stone into pieces.

"We should have done that in the beginning." Snapped Ash, backing away and heading over to the volcano. "Could have saved a lot of my brain cells."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Why are there so many ridiculous forks and hallways? Are we Solarflares or ants?" Ash demanded, his claws leaving crunching noises which echoed horribly around the corridor.

"Another left..." muttered Amber.

"LEO, HOW THE HELL DO YOU MAKE YOUR WAY AROUND THIS ANTHOLE?"

"Maybe cuz I'M SMART AND YOU'RE DUMB." The little dragon snapped.

"Then right..."

They stomped down a long staircase. Every step they took, Ash's doubt for Amber's sense of direction increased. And sure enough, they met a deep hole which seemed to have no end.

Then Amber jumped off and her blue fire was the only thing he could see. "Come on! Your friends are down here!"

So Ash gathered his courage, flared his wings, and jumped into the deep darkness.