From Birth to Death

"She's- not- waking- UP! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR MELTED BRAIN!" Winter was yelling. Again.

"Just-" A female voice.

"OW! WHAT IN THE DRAGON'S TEETH IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I roared, rubbing my chest irately. "You really are a dumbass!" Snapped Windstorm, lashing his long tail.

Yeah. Sorry ego, but I'm really dumb. What was I doing?

"NOW, WE'RE STUCK IN AN CLOSED OFF METALLIC BOX AND-" I wanted to tell Winter to shut up but I knew that he was right.

"My eardrums! CAN YOU SPARE THEM PLEASE!" Windstorm has joined the screaming contest.

"Shut UP you three!" Blackberry snapped, flaring her Shadowground wings and slapping me and Winter in the face.

I plopped back on the ground with a huff.

"We're gonna die." Said Blackberry softly.

"What are you talking about?" I demanded. Giving up already?

"Do you think they'll want us around? I listened to them. They are sending us to the Solarflares."

Winter laughed maniacally. "We're dead porkchops."

Death was coming, spreading out its arms to welcome us.

[flashback]

[3rd person pov]

Blueberry tugged at the ends of her raven black hair, looking unnerved. She sensed something.

Something was wrong today.

Blackberry trotted in, wrapping her wings around the small midnight blue egg. A ball of pure light rested on the horn on her head, twisting and rippling in the stale air.

"Woah. Someone's stressed." Teased Blackberry, dropping the egg into the nest.

"Listen." Hissed Blueberry, "Something's wrong."

BlackBerry's smile faded as she strained her ears.

Now.

Then with a whoosh and a bang, the cave exploded in a flurry of earth and dust. Blueberry yelped and seized her egg. She then turned into an Earthbound and wrapped vines around the balls of flame and dragged them down to the rubble. A stray Solarflare leaped for her mother. Blueberry and Blackberry ran towards it, but not fast enough. A loud screech, and silence.

"NO!"

Blackberry pulled Blueberry aside, just as more Solarflares surge into the hideout.

"Take the egg and GO!"

"What... what about you guys?"

"We'll be fine. I'll... I'll blind them. Then you fly off with the egg!"

"But..."

"GO!"

Bright light flashed and the world faded to white. Blueberry spread her wings and soared into the sky.

[time skip]

This island covered in trees were practically asking to be sliced through. Blueberry settled down, curling her tail around her Water egg, leaving the other egg sitting in the sand.

Then it began rocking.

Cracks split on the top of the egg, spreading down towards the very bottom.

Sudden panic flashed through her mind. What was she supposed to do? Was she supposed to place it in water? She didn't know how Water eggs worked. As she lifted it up, the egg fell into a thousand pieces and the blue shell fell to the island's surface.

The little blue dragon squeaked and wriggled its tiny claws, flapping the small wings on her back. She toppled into the sand with a soft squeak, then crawled over into the dark waters.

Blueberry waited at the edge of the water. Then the dragon flopped out again with a bit of coral in its mouth. It dropped it at her feet and sat next to her, looking up at the full moon. Then Blueberry knew exactly what her baby dragon's name was.

"Coral." She whispered just as the first rays of the sun rose above the horizon.

————————————————————————————————————————————

[OKAY, WHO MISSES ASH]

[NO? OKAY]

[TOO BAD]

[3rd pov of the remains of... UH I FORGOT THE NAME NVM]

Marsh narrowed his eyes at a large mountain lion, digging in his claws in and lashing his tail. Then he pounced, slayed the lion with a quick swipe and dragged its corpse back.

"We lost Blackberry. And I saw Coral." Sky flipped her tail up and down in the wind currents, and it took the others approximately 6.378 seconds to load what she said.

"So... are they captured? Or wrecking havoc?" Marsh asked, glancing around the grass like he expected the Hydroblasts to come bounding out of the ground

"Captured and wrecking havoc." Sky snorted.

"Oh. Good to know." Marsh scratched the back of his neck. "Are we gonna go get them?"

A shadow fell over the group and Ash's burning wings was the only reason they could still see. Sky glanced at Marsh, whose eyes were glowing in the dark.

Just as it started, the bright ball of fire above appeared again. Marsh squinted at something in the distance.

"Is that... a cage?"