Whirlpools and Hurricanes

After eating (Leo was pretty traumatised and didn't eat a single bite of the lion) Winter taught me how to use my powers of water. Winter was good at teaching me, but he was boring sometimes. Especially when he talks about the history of humans.

"Okay." A very drenched Winter said, "Now try that again."

Following his command, I drew water toward me, forming a hurricane of little balls of water to swirl around me. I ordered them to move at my will, forcing them into a ball in which I threw, as hard as I could at Winter. The ball exploded on contact, at Winter stumbled back.

"Maybe I should teach you theory next. I mean, being wet is great and all, but I think the tree would drown soon."

"Soooooooo tired." I muttered, flopping onto a particularly large patch of glowshrooms, watching its light being thrown on my scales.

Marsh walked straight through the waterfall, shielding himself with his amber wings and muttered, "Yeeowww. I would prefer to be dry please." Winter huffed. "Who would choose being dry over wet?"

"Everyone." Marsh muttered, receiving another splash to the face as a thank you.

"Okay." Winter yanked me off my comfortable resting position, "Theory time!"

He pulled out a large water screen from somewhere inside the tree.

"No." Marsh complained dramatically. "It's the fall of my greatness. Fear the blue screen!"

I giggled and sat down next to Marsh as Winter opened his mouth to ask, "Can I have-" Marsh immediately yanked a stick out from the middle of nowhere, morphed into a human, tossed the stick to Winter and settled down again, looking bored.

"Okay." Muttered Winter, also shifting to his human form. "Here are five ways to maximise your concentration."

"Boring." Yawned Marsh and Leo at the same time. Winter hushed them with a silence gesture and droned on ,"Firstly, you must let your concentration run in your mind. It's like an impatient rhino, it will run loose with you don't keep in check. You also should push your thoughts into a corner of your mind and focus on what you want to do for attack. This will give you mind space which otherwise is wasted on mundane things like what to eat for breakfast."

"Which is in a specific dragon's brain all the time, should I mention." Winter added, staring pointedly at Marsh, who grumbled, "A tad bit hostile lad, you ought to stop harping on it." Winter rolled his eyes began scribbling on the screen and soon enough there was a drawing of a dragon brain that had a spot where it was coloured black. An arrow pointed at that spot and wrote in white lettering: Shove your thoughts here.

"You also need to allow you instinct to fight for you, and it will probably just go for other dragon's eyeballs if you let it go too far. Always keep it in your boundaries but still allow it to roam free."

I pretended to choke on air. How was I supposed to do that? Allow it to roam but still keep it in your boundaries? Theory is stupid confusing. Marsh dug through the glowshroom cluster, yanked out multiple objects like rocks, a burnt rabbit, an entire car tyre and finally pulled out a radish. He tossed it into the air, shifted into dragon form, knocked me, Winter and the water screen over and caught the radish in between his teeth. The water crashed into the ground with a squelch, and a rat scurried out of the cluster of glowshrooms.

Winter looked like he was about to blow soon as he also morphed back to a dragon. If he was a Solarflare, smoke would be curling around his snout, but Winter said in a carefully measured tone, "Marsh, I'm banning you from this cave for the next three days."

Marsh merely snorted as Winter began pushing him out of the cave, yelling that he didn't care about theory anyway.

Sitting up, I asked, "Is there something only Hydroblasts can do?" I knew that some Earthbounds could control all natural disasters, but the Skycloud had an ability where they could teleport dragons to them, which even the Earthbound leader, the strongest any dragon knew, didn't have. The Solarflares were the only species with Fireflare, and the Shadowgrounds' special powers were... well, every power they had.

"Yeah, the whirlpool." Winter tapped the glowshrooms and the dreaded water screen appeared again. He flicked his tail and the screen dissolved into a gently turning water pool. "PIRO GUAHA!" Winter called. Then the current sped up so fast that small water droplets splashed on our snouts, the light from the glowshrooms flashing wildly, creating a luminescent purplish blue whirlpool.

"This," Winter shouted over the splashing of the water, "Will allow Hydroblasts to travel anywhere in a spilt second." He jumped into the pool and dragged me along.

In the water, I felt rubber banding, I actually didn't feel like I was even solid anymore, my stomach felt like it was flying. Light circled around us, glowing brightly like shooting stars in the night sky. "CIRA WHRIPUL!" A loud, strong crack echoed all around us, and then the feeling in my stomach was gone. We were standing in the feeding cave now.

The moment I got back my breath, my claws poked Winter, "Teach."

So Winter spent the next two hours teaching me how to do the whirlpool. I couldn't seem to get the hang of it, the water kept half-heartedly flying up around me, then deciding to fall away. Winter kept telling me in his boring, droning voice that I wasn't invested into learning the skill enough. My brain was boiling. I'm trying, I wanted to yell at him. Maybe I'm just tired.

"Look, only a few Hydroblasts care enough to learn, okay? It's very energy draining." Ash reassured me. "Only Winter is crazy enough to learn how to do it." Marsh added, plucking a fish bone out of his teeth. We were once again eating, and I expressed my frustrations of not being able to master the skill by being moody.

"It always that one ability which we don't care to have." Sky shrugged, munching on the fish.

Then my eyes found Ash's snout. When he heard what Sky said, he just tensed, and I could hear his thoughts again: I guess I'm the only one who does.

Elemental Powers: Fire and WaterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara