Above the clouds

[Coral's POV]

I drifted off into an uneasy sleep. What was gonna happen? We were on our own for now, all we could do was to swim along the current and hope that we met them there. Trying to find them was a bad idea, it may throw us off course even more.

When I opened my eyes the next day, light filtered through the swaying leaves and warmed my snout. Winter stretched sleepily and arched his back.

Wait. Why was the ground moving?

Earth rumbled, deep and low. Small chunks of wet dirt flew into the air, fling up small creatures. Wind whistled as the sky darkened. The wind-whipped trees fell back, pressed into the earth by the strong gusts. Windstorm woke with a yelp and a large wave of water crashed over us. I could barely hear anyone over the howling of the wind.

"All the Hydroblasts. Bring them here. Now."

Just as it started, the wind stopped. Bright light stabbed my eyeballs. We were positioned in a large cage which seemed to be balancing on... well... nothing.

I glanced down and saw the soft wisps of clouds drifting below me.

"I thought you would like the best view." A soft voice said. A huge Skycloud was eyeing us beadily. I whipped around, stumbling over Winter, who looked surprisingly comfortable and calm. The Skycloud tsked loudly. "So ungraceful. Not enough practice walking?"

Annoying ball of crap with a big head.

"I guess you're gonna ask that question: HoW dId YoU gEt Us HerE?"

"YOU SHOULD DO THAT BEFORE I-"

Winter promptly yanked my tail and hissed in my ear, "She will kill you. Do you know who she is?"

"The Waterblast is right. How do you not know?" She spread her wings majestically, her ruby red eyes glaring me and punching holes in me. Hmmm, I was getting the sense of déjà vu. I growled.

"You can't do anything about my future and I DARE you try."

"She is mistress Wind." Murmured Windstorm. "Ruler and Power of the dragon clouds."

"Back to the 'dumb' question!" I snapped, mood not lightened by the fact that practically HALF of the Skyclouds were not on our side.

"Where were we? Oh. Found something."

"No one can do that!" I practically yelled. "Shoot, only dragons with magic can do that. And those don't even exist."

"And that's where you are proved wrong, you tiny undersized brat." She moved closer to me, "Some spells can be used."

"I am 7, thank you very much."

A small whirlpool appeared in the wispy white, churning and swirling and they parted, dissipating into the air and a small figure rose above the clouds.

"Hurricane?"

"Found this dragon... with another one. Brown, I think. Anyways. Had instructions on him that told us exactly how to get you here."