Eroded Rock and Trust

After the storm blew itself out, the group went out once again

Blackberry insisted that they search for Coral and reason with her. To run a smaller risk of the Hydroblasts going extinct and tipping over the elemental powers scale, Winter and Windstorm would stay at the cave.

But, Windstorm being Windstorm, he decided to risk the scale and go with the others.

"I heard her go close to the mountain. Do you want to search there?" Blackberry flapped her wings in the air and pointed to the large rock.

Wind whistled in her ears, she couldn't hear the others and couldn't hear Sky yelling something.

Marsh tossed a potato to Ash:"Considering that the other option is to go BACK to the destroyed Fire Kingdom, yes."

Ash baked the potato and threw it back to Marsh, who fumbled and dropped it. The potato bounced off Amber and fell to the sea with a soft, distant, watery splash, and a large octopus thing stuck its head out of the water and shook its tentacles at the dragons above.

"Okay. Didn't know that the Kraken was here."

—————————————————————————————————

Marsh stuck his head into a dragon sized nook for the upteenth time. Scanning every nook and cranny, he found nothing dragon- touched. Just to be sure, he flooded the place with water.

"Nothing. There's only so many caves, you know?"

"I blame the water that eroded this rock." Ash bobbed behind him, flicking his tail back and forth.

"Actually," Sky flew up next to them,"The Hydroblasts did that by accident while trying to attack the Solarflares. After the Solarflares started the fight in the ocean the Hydroblasts cornered them against this mountain called Eroded Rock." Marsh looked at the caves again. They did look like sinkholes, but instead of being on the ground, it was on the wall of a rocky hill.

"They used the strongest kind of attack they had which could erode flesh and bones and made those caves when they missed their target."

Ash grunted,"Still blame them."

"Wait." Amber called. "Ash, come here." Ash grimaced at Marsh and flew over to her. She yanked him into the cave which felt stuffy and hot. Just like home. She nudged him towards the small mass on the ground. Ash winced softly every time her claws pushed her forward. As he looked around curiously, his eyes landed on a piece of evidence.

"Did Marsh eat that lobster?" Ash asked, sniffing the lobster shell. It smelt like a pile of freshly burnt seaweed.

"No. I didn't see him eat for a long time, which is a big achievement, by the way." Amber muttered.

Ash turned in a circle and yelled,"GUYS! AMBER THINKS SHE KNOWS WHERE CORAL WAS!" And Amber slipped away to the back of the cave before stopping by a puddle of water.

The other dragons flooded in, Marsh plucked apart the shell and threw it into the water. The octopus flew right out and lunged for him. Windstorm grabbed the back tentacles and slapped it against the rock violently while Blackberry set the Kraken on fire.

Defeated and roaring in pain, the octopus sunk back into the watery depths again.

"Great." Marsh grumbled. "We're going back to the Fire Kingdom again. I don't care if we die anymore."

"The Fire Kingdom is only hot because of the fire dragons. We chased the humans out of their country and made the tallest mountain a volcano." Ash muttered softly, as he knew that Amber would not appreciate him blabbering Solarflare secrets all over the place, because the Solarflares would have to call that 'fake news' and kill both himself and Amber.