Found again...

I hissed and retaliated with an angry tail thump, my spikes grazed the side of the flaming, burning wings. Heck no. Pain shot through me and my eyes went blurry. Even though I kept trying to make the water in the air attack my attacker disintegrate but every time, my concentration would falter and...

And...

I noticed a bright white light gathering around the corner of my eyes.

"Coral? CORAL!" My friend's voices were drowned into white noise and the bright light clouded my eyes.

I didn't know what to do, but my instinct that was much smarter than me pushed the pulsing rays out and with a blinding flash, the Solarflare dropped me and backed away, yelling something at the others, I heard something about a 'Solarstorm'.

I staggered to my feet and lashed out with a hurricane. I suddenly realised that one of my wings were shredded, and the pain hit back with full force.

More Solarflares descended from the sky and they surrounded me, the trees fell and its inhabitants scurried out, to only die from the heat generated. The burning heat was overpowering and the smell of burning trees wasn't helping. I looked around, trying to find a weak spot I could penetrate, or maybe a somewhere that was my ticket out of this mess.

My brain felt like it was being boiled. I definitely did not have enough concentration to attack the Solarflares with water.

I flared my wings and growled. If I was going to die, I was going to die fighting. With my claws.

As the fire dragons closed in, my friends lunged forwards out of the trees smacked a few of them away with their tails. Sky called a windstorm and yanked one Solarflare into the air, throwing the dragon into the greyish windstorm. The screams were abruptly cut off along with the wind.

The Solarflares immediately changed targets from the Hydroblasts to her as the wind currents sped up wildly.

Sky suddenly collided in the air with a stray fireball and crashed into the dirt. Vines wrapped around her and pulled her deeper into the ground, away from harm.

I could tell that the Hydroblasts did not want to use their water abilities in fear of hurting Ash and instead fought with the traditional biting and tail thumping.

Marsh stabbed a Solarflares tail into the ground and the earth opened up beneath the fire dragon, sucking him into the endless abyss. The Solarflare snapped its wings open, and lurched horribly, dragged down by the useless weight of his tail.

Then-

Marsh suddenly snapped and collapsed, nearly falling into the sinkhole. A cluster of purple pink flowers lay under his nose.

Dreambells. They knocked out anyone who breathed in its sweet fumes.

I spotted a Solarflare lunge for Leo, so I dived under the stream of fire and bit the dragon as hard as I could on his tail.

He roared in pain, spun around and wrapped me in fire, but my scales swallowed most of it, leaving a black mark where it was and I was paralysed in pain, my body seemed to have froze.

Ash had disappeared into the woods. I supposed the smoke rising from the trees was where he was.

The Solarflares had dropped me into the shadow and begun to ignore me for some reason, but I still wanted to fight. I wanted to avenge Fry. I gathered all my energy and took a step forward. And was immediately pushed away by a stray vine from the still K.O. ed Marsh.

Seeing Ash safely out of the way, my comrades immediately began unleashing waves of water crashing over the Solarflares.

Blackberry lashed her tail and dove for a especially large Solarflare that was attacking Hurricane with vicious vengeance. The little dragon was bleeding furiously, and I didn't want to look at the ugly gash slashed in his wing and underbelly. It was a little like mine, actually, and I wished the young dragon did not have to feel the pain I was feeling. A long, bright light flashed from Blackberry's talon and curled around the humongous Solarflare. The light grew brighter and brighter, until I wanted to dump my head in the soil. It was like looking at the sun for way too long. Finally the light faded and the Solarflare exploded into a pile of black dust.

My panicked Waterglow swirled around black scales before wrapping itself around my tail.

Black-

I turned my neck so fast that i pulled a muscle. Blackberry was no longer blue, but the colour of the starry night sky. White scales dotted around her ankles and her spine was pearly white. She raised her head to the sky where the bright sun rose up while releasing pink, yellow orange rays in the sky. All the attackers shrieked in fury and fear. Abandoning everyone, the spread their wings and soared to the sky.

Wait.

Leo and Hurricane were trapped between a Solarflare's talons.

Bodies limp.

Had they given up?

Blackberry and Windstorm roared, but it was too late.

The Solarflares were gone.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I flipped into the sky, chasing the swinging tails and the agonized wingbeats behind me signalled that they were doing the same.

I could barely fly, and air rushed through the holes in my wings. I was only 5 feet off the ground, and strong claws gripped my tail and yanked me back to earth.

"What are you DOING? You CAN'T fly OFF like THAT! Your friends are injured. AND SKY IS MISSING. In fact, YOU CANT EVEN FLY." Windstorm snapped. Sky was missing.

Missing.

Missing.

Missing.

Missing.

Missing.

Missing.

The words spun around my head as I trampled through the falling trees and stumbling over lumpy rocks, trying to find my acquaintance.

I mean, sure, I didn't really like Sky, but she did fight for me...

Soft whimpering cut off my train of thought. Tucked in a small nest of vines was a small silvery wolf. It's soft silky fur rippled in the soft breeze.

It would have been a nice sight if blood wasn't caked between the animal's fur. I stepped cautiously towards it. A lone wolf- a cub no less - on its own in the woods? Not likely. It's mom was probably gonna leap out of the trees and have me for breakfast or something.

But maybe it was the way it held itself, or the sheen on its fur, or the sad glint in its electric blue eyes, I trusted it, and just as my nose touched the wolf cub's, it let out a soft howl, chilling as the cold wind in the air, eerie and haunting as it dove around in my mind, filling my head with cool, empty space. Then the buzzing coldness became warm heat.

When I stepped away with a gasp, the wolf slipped away.

Just a mirage. Just a hallucination.

[sorryforsuchashortchapterimhavingmindblock]