Charades

[3rd person of MAS (Marsh ,Ash and Sky)]

The three landed in a patch of wood off the village where the cage vanished, shifting into human form, except for Ash, who merely set a tree on fire.

Sky stuck her head through the trees nervously, scanning the surroundings.

"I see someone we can ask. Ash, please don't end up burning the person. We know what happened."

"I buried the ashes okay? I DID THAT BY ACCIDENT!"

Marsh sighed. "We shouldn't do this."

Ash had narrowed his eyes at a spot in the earth.

"Why is that-"

A blue worm wrapped itself around Ash's ankle and began warbling a complaint.

"That's Coral's worm. Soundwave, right?"

The worm slapped its legs against Ash's arm agreeably.

"How the heck do you know that?"

"Coral told me."

"The squeaky blob actually makes sense right now." Snapped Marsh, "Speak, wont you?"

In retaliation, the bug slapped Marsh's side with its tail, then jabbed the ground violently. It let go of Ash and slid onto the ground, squeaking furiously and waving its furry legs in the mist.

"Volcano."

The worm nodded and contorted itself into a dragon shape and sat on the floor, drooping a little.

"Dragon... in volcano...?"

It not very kindly slapped Marsh in the face with a foamy tide of water, extinguishing the burning tree, which curled up into a blackened mass.

"Like owner, like worm." Sky snorted, as Marsh spluttered, spitting out a random water snail.

Ash was still staring at the Waterglow, trying to figure out what it was trying to say.

[Time skip of 5 minutes]

[you didn't miss anything]

[just Ash and Sky trying to find out what was going on and Marsh choking on seaweed]

"ARGGGGGHHH. THIS IS THE WORST GAME OF CHARADES EVER." Ash complained, when Coral's pet slapped Sky in the face with a wave again.

"Is that like lava or something? Fire dragons in a volcano. FIRE DRAGONS LITERALLY LIVE IN A VOLCANO."

He sat in front of Soundwave, picking up a crumbling leaf with a couple of ants crawling on it and waved it in front of the Waterglow.

And it ate the leaf, insects and all.

"Okay, lets try this."

"Your owner is in the Teeth of Flame, her life is on the line, she and her entire family are trapped in a cage, cuz the fire dragon king is trying to find her mom and kill her."

"Oddly speci-" started Marsh-

Soundwave nodded urgently.

Marsh immediately turned to Ash. "How did you know?"

"I guessed. Flame wants to find his mother who abandoned him on Coral's land. And kinda kill her?"

"How do you know that?"

"I used to be in the Solarflare army. I thought I was helping the Hydroblasts to understand fire. Until Flame killed all ten I managed to bring back. He's notorious for being a Hydroblast-Shadowground hybrid, ya know?"

"SCREW EXPLANATIONS LETS GO!"

Marsh shook a tree branch away from his wings and shot into the sky. ash and Sky glanced at each other.

"Was Marsh ever this grumpy?"

Marsh dipped down again into the trees and slapped Ash with his tail.

"Okay. Okay. OW HEY WHAT DID I DO?!"

"Guys?!" Sky rose her voice,"I just realised that we can't enter the Teeth of Flame because me and Marsh are gonna be boiled chickens before we reach the volcano."

"Basically," snapped Ash, "I have to go by myself."

"Exactly."

Ash set half the woods on fire for that.