An unwanted relationship

The Solarflares gathered balls of flame on the tips of their claws and threatened to blind us permanently if we made a another sound.

This is how I knew that they were going to blind us:

"Where are we going?" I asked. The Solarflare immediately pushed me to the earth. "Another word..."

Yeah. It doesn't take a genius for us to know what was going on. They wanted to play with us before killing us.

We trudged deeper into hostile territory as flaming versions of trees replaced the barren ground. Every step, I wondered why we weren't dead yet. The cracks in the earth glowed gold and streaks of red hovered into the sky. The volcano spluttered and more sparks shot to the air. A flare of blue amongst the red told me my Waterglow was fleeing, spiralling in the sky and disappearing into the smoke. At least it was safe.

Before we knew it, we were being dumped in a cage. This cage was made of a rock that when I tapped its side, it let out a deafening crack. I sniffed it curiously, wondering what it would feel like to punch it, and Winter literally stepped on my tail. The temperature was sweltering but for some reason we weren't drooping puddles on the ground. I looked around. All around us, the Solarflares were dipping into low bows, wings folding and searing high into the smoky, ash filled sky. In front of us, we had a tall fortress made of a special rock called emberstone, and the sharp peaks of the castle mirrored the volcano behind us. On the ground, caves were littered along a lava stream. Solarflares came out of the caves and joined in bowing low. I noticed that one looked especially tall and proud, but her nose was lower than the rest.

The power of the Fire Kingdom must really demand respect. In the Water Kingdom, we had two rulers instead of one, so the power will be split equally.

A medium sized fire dragon with black scales and a electric blue underbelly hissed, his forked tongue slipping between in teeth as he walked closer, down the towers of rock, down the long ledges of magma. Blackberry growled softly, curling her tail around the bars, her tail spikes tasting the ashy air. A blare of thoughts flared in my mind, so strong and powerful.

Is any of them her? Or my sister?

The Solarflare paused in front of me, bright blue eyes boring holes into my scales. I didn't tear my eyes away, I didn't want to give him the illusion that I was scared. The orbs of blue narrowed, bands of flames slid from underneath him and wrapped around the cage.

"Get this one out." He snapped and walked off. Chains were thrown over me and I was forced away from the other Hydroblasts. I glanced back towards them and they stared after me helplessly. Our powers were drained by the heat, we couldnt do anything.

The Solarflares yanked me towards a tunnel to my left. "I can walk, thanks." I snapped, stepping on one's foot. "You are lucky we're not killing you yet." The Solarflare hissed, yanking on the top spike on the back if my head.

Oh. Ha. How reassuring. Y'all are gonna give me tea and send me off. I bit the retort back. The grumpy fire blobs were obviously waiting for an excuse to rip the life out of me.

Small bits of burning hot magma littered on the ground, and orange gold blobs of lava dripped from the low ceiling. The Solarflares forced me into a large centre room, with the temperature rising every step I took. I glanced up and saw-

A huge ball of lava. Right beneath it was the Solarflare who ordered the others to bring me to this hellhole.

We were in the middle of the volcano, right in the fire king's chambers.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Here is the dragon, Mister Flare."

Wow. That just sounds wrong.

"Good. Now leave us." The Solarflare barked, the two pinning my wings to my side let go and I fell to the ground. They bowed deeply to him and left the room. I immediately dived for his neck, but he flashed bands of fire around my body and I fell back to the ground.

For a moment he circled me, eyes roving across my scales and right down to the small pools of black at my claws. "Why do you want me here? Isn't your goal to kill my kind?" Flare snorted. "Your kind? All Hydroblasts are the same, unlike..." he morphed into a human with raven dark hair, holding a ball of red-gold fire. I reared away. Fire is not on my good books. "So special..." the Solarflare breathed, the ball turning in his fingers, arching in the air.

"Do you realise, that no other element has anything to do with this flaming crap?" I snapped, "Or are you too blind?"

"No..." Flare laughed softly. "No. Should the wind call upon its spark, should the earth call for its flame, should the water cry out for warmth - fire takes the leap it always could have."

"You're sick!" I yelled, flaring my wings angrily, breaking through the fire, black spewing on the inside and spreading across my scales. "What do you mean, the water dragons are the same? No one drop in the ocean is the same! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

No drop is the same. I thought of Winter, Windstorm. Both were nowhere close with their characteristics. No dragon is the same. They were different.

"Nothing. Would you like to know more about my family?"

"Heck no, keep your shit to yourself-"

'"My mother was a Shadowground, and my father was a Hydroblast. My parents abandoned me when I was just an egg, leaving me alone on the beach... Coral's land... the Solarflares found me, took care of me, taught me the beautiful nature of the flames no one else understood. Imagine my horror when I found out I was not a part of the Solarflares clan. Imagine my horror-" Flare morphed into his dragon self and leapt onto me, pinning me to the ground, "- When I realised I was in the tribe who hated the flame, the spark, which brings us light."

"What are you talking about?" I snarled, grunting as I tried to pushed him off me.

"Shouldn't you know already? You are my sister."