002

GUILT

You didn't have any afternoon classes today so you took the opportunity to enjoy the rest of the day

You went down to the local bakery, getting yourself a sugary donut. Enjoying the snack outside, it was kinda late and if you stayed long enough you were able to get this nice sunset view.

You clicked shuffle on your playlist while putting your earphones in, chuckling a bit as the song started to play out.

It was Teenage Fever by Drake, you weren't in the mood for it but you decided to let it play out. The mood just felt right, you were feeling relaxed and relieved at this very moment.

You weren't anxious and you were happy with the way things were going. Excited about school and see what the future had in store for you. You felt like you could achieve anything you wanted, and everything started to make sense.

But again, you felt guilty.

You bit into the donut, licking your lips clean before wiping a napkin over.

Even though your mom had messaged that she and your brother were doing just fine. You couldn't help but felt guilty for furthering your education, and you felt even worse for leaving home and leaving them alone.

A random burst of emotions washed over your body and goosebumps started to run across your skin. And you were starting to feel sick, you gently sighed to yourself while still trying to enjoy the moment.

You started to focus on the things that surround you, the way the trees looked, and how some people were on their laptops or studying. You also noticed this couple, who seem to be madly in love with each other just by the way they smiled at one another.

You didn't experience any sort of love in Highschool, your plate was full of home problems and school work.

It was a thing you deeply regretted not giving a chance because now that you were in college and people were older than you. You didn't think you would still be able to experience the soft and innocent side, now that everyone was old and had their experiences.

You bit into the donut again, sighing.

Your eyes continued to dance around the area, suddenly coming in contact with a familiar face. After a moment of realization, you swiftly looked in the opposite direction.

It was the rude emo kid from your afternoon classes.

His nose was stuck in a book, so he more than likely didn't know you were looking over at him.

You took another glance in his direction, noticing from afar that a girl with Carmel brown hair was walking in his direction. She was pretty and was wearing a small plaid mini skirt with a pink top.

She walked up to his table knocking her knuckles on the table. He didn't budge.

"Do you have Instagram?" She asked, he shake his head.

"Do you have any social media.. that I can add or follow?" She leaned, and he shake his head "I don't" he bluntly replied.

"Okay well, can I at least have your number?" She pushed, even more, he finally looked away from the book placing it slowly down on the table.

Making eye contact with the girl "And why would I give it to you?" His head tilted. She was taken back, your mouth dropped as you switched glances between the two.

He started to grab his things "my answer isn't going to change, so leave me the fuck alone" he splat.

The girl stood still for a second before embarrassingly turning around and fast walking away.

Your lips pursed together as you took the last bite out of your donut. The sun was finally settling.