004

Safeguard

GIYUU'S POV

GIYUU'S POV

After the club meeting, I decided to head back home and skip boxing practice.

I was feeling so exhausted, it was probably because I forced myself to stay extra hours after school. This was going to drain my social battery so bad, I thought.

My body slumped against the couch, I tried to blink over towards the window watching the sky change colors. Seeing the blue and purple peep in, I could feel my body and mind finally relaxing as I enjoyed the view that lay in front of me.

I lived in a house that sat on a big hill that was far from the small city. My living room had a ribbon wall, so each season was a bit exciting for me to see. Whether it was snow or summer, I enjoyed waking up and seeing the weather or small visitors that would trail around my yard.

After boarding school, my father and I decided it would be a good idea for me to live on my own. It's not like we had a choice considering that we always got into arguments or fights which is stupid and embarrassed to say.

I rolled onto my stomach moving my attention to the small frame that perfectly sat on my coffee table. It was a photo of my mom and I clinging onto one another on my 8th birthday, I was missing a few teeth so I looked kinda funny.

A sigh escaped from my chest as golden warm memories started to flood my mind, I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to puzzle everything together.

I was starting to forget the sound of her laugh and voice, my eyes started to burn from the tears that were building up. I was disappointed in myself, how could I forget something like that?

But a very familiar memory was quick to replace, she stood in front of the kitchen window as the sun beamed down her figure while preparing a ginger tea for me.

She always poured it in a baby blue mug, whenever I was feeling tired or upset my mom always put together a ginger tea or a bowl of simmered salmon with daikon.

My eyes slowly opened up, I pushed myself up on the couch before sitting still for a bit. Letting the memories wash away before I went into the kitchen, I was going to make myself a tea to relax my nerves.

I softly pulled the cover open, shoving my hand into the box of tea. Noticing it was empty, I loudly sighed while tossing the box into the trash.

I slipped my shoes on, grabbing my helmet and keys. I went into my garage, shifting my weight on the motorcycle before putting my helmet on, I squeezed onto the brake before opening the garage door open. I took small steps forward before setting my drive over towards the store.

I was amused by the environment, seeing tiny flower beds by the lamp post. Driving over the bridge seeing even more wildflowers that grew alongside the small body of water. The night sky was starting to reflect on the water and I couldn't help but regret not taking a small photo.