019

Soft spot

It was scary to admit but I was curious about her

It was scary to admit but I was curious about her. At first, I just wanted to know just her name but after countless times where we always ran into each other, and she helped with my homework.

I did want to know a bit more about her.

We sat in my living room munching on some pizza that I had ordered. Her focus was out on the large windows, and she wasn't talking much. Although it wasn't her first time at my house, she seemed awkward and shy.

My eye stayed on her watching as her eyes followed the leaves fall, I regretted even inviting her over. Just because I didn't have much for us to do, but I was just so curious and I didn't just want Ren to be my only friend.

She was smart, and I don't even think Ren knows how to spell Wednesday.

Y/n finally snapped away and focused back on me, she wiped her fingers on the napkin.

"I got you a gift" she smiled, and she started to rummage into her backpack. Finally pulling out a small box, I leaned over the coffee table trying to make up for the object, realizing it just was a box of bandaids.

Not just any bandaids, but pink ones with little sea creatures.

I didn't express any emotions but slowly took the box off her hands. "Say thank you" she demanded, "why pink?" "Because it's cute, you're lucky I got them with cute little sharks and fishes, I was thinking about just getting pink bandaids but I thought of you" she nodded.

I raised both my brows, seeing the few designs on the package. "Thanks?" I mumbled "your welcome" She took a bite out of her pizza.

"Have you ever been to the aquarium?" Y/n questioned, which brought back some old memories of my mom. We use to attend them a lot, she would quiz me on the animals and fishes.

"Yeah, but it's been a while" I sighed "Did you?" I returned the question, she shook her head "No I've never been to one" "Maybe I can drag you and Shinobu and Ren to one" "And you'll teach us about the fishes?"

"No, Ren would call me a nerd" I shook my head, and y/n laughed "You kinda are one, think about it" "You know it takes one to know one."

"Whatever you say" Y/n smiled, her focus was now on the window again. "Do you go out there when it's summer and spring?" "Sometimes, I prefer to be in here or in my office more.."

"Office? Does it have a prettier view?" Her head tilted at me, I nodded my head "In my opinion" "can I see it?"

I was very hesitant at first, but a small part of me wanted me to show her the fish tank. Usually, I would struggle to let anything about me slip through, but with her I was comfortable. Maybe I was finally tricked by her aura.

I stood up and made my way toward the hallway, hearing her small footsteps follow as I made my way further in.

I finally came in contact with the familiar door, I gently pushed it open holding it still to signify for her to step in first.

Her eyes widen at the sight of the large fish tank that sat in the middle of the room.

"No way! So you listen" y/n chuckled "I had them for a while now, I was just too scared to show you" It wasn't a lie.

"Scared? This is beautiful" She took small steps approaching the fish tank, and I shook my head "No scared that you would kill them with your ugly face" I rephrased my sentence, and her face fell straight.

"You're not funny" she muttered. She stood on the other side of the tank letting her eyes roam wild.

I stood, watching them swim around and peek between the plants.

My eyes couldn't help but fall onto her, she held a soft look while studying them "They're beautiful" she softly mumbled, my attention was still set on her and I couldn't pull away "Yeah" I replied.

She found my eyes "Do they have names," y/n asked, I shook my head "They don't " "Of course they wouldn't, you're lame like that" she scoffed.

"We'll name that one Giyuu" she pointed at a clownfish "No I don't approve" "well he looks like a giyuu"

"I'm not naming my fishes, and if I am I'm picking the ugliest one and naming it after you" "That's not nice at all, but if you want to play like that-"

I cut her off "Can we make the s'mores already?" She playfully glared at me before nodding her head. We stepped out of my office and made our way back into my kitchen.

I went into my pantry and took out the marshmallow and chocolate and graham crackers, she grabbed onto two marshmallow roasting sticks. Continuing to hold a big smile on her face, while waiting for me to take the lead again.

"Do you and Ren do this a lot?" "No ren and I don't usually hang out and when we do, we're either eating out or watching tv" whenever ren and I do hang out, it's just mostly him talking about himself

I went over to my back door, taking a small step outside before y/n was reminded of something "I forgot my camera! I'll be back" she said while rushing back inside.

I went over to the fire pit, turning the gas on as the top quickly caught on fire. A small fire laid out in front of me and I went over to take my seat waiting for Y/n to come back out.

I couldn't believe that she was over again, and this time to become a friend. I remember not wanting to do anything with her.

It didn't take long for her to come back out, she held her camera close to her face snapping photos of the view. Letting it fall against her chest, before sitting across from me and handing me one of the sticks.

Do I bring my camera out? I was now questioning what to do next.

"Usually Shinobu and I roast them over the stovetop, and we have to watch the notebook to make up for our ugly view" she sighs "But this is nice!"

I held the bag of marshmallows in her direction as she took one in "Do you guys hang out a lot?" I was now asking, and she shrugged "Sometimes, she's been really busy though so I've been stuck in my apartment I do go down to the bakery and I don't go out when it's late anymore" Y/n glared in my direction, sparking off the memory when I got to know her name.

I held my marshmallow over the fire watching as it slowly toasted.

"It gets boring at home doesn't it?" "Yeah, sometimes I wish I had a car so I can drive to the bigger cities.. and shop and try out new restaurants"

I took a graham cracker, broke it in half, and placed the chocolate on one of the pieces.

I was also now getting bored of staying at home all the time "Do you wanna go tomorrow?" I squished the marshmallow in between the two crackers. Her eyes lit up but she shook her head "It's fine."

"I need to go either way" I lied "Do you wanna go after club?" "We can skip club, I need a break from Ryan"

Y/n was now preparing her s'more, she held her camera with one hand trying to snap photos. She moved the camera in my direction "Smile!"

A small smile formed on my lips, she let out a small laugh causing my smile to spread even bigger.

She passed the camera over to me "Take a photo of me" she said while posing with the small treat, smiling at me. I snapped a few photos before handing it back to her.

A/n kinda rushed to update but I really hope you guys enjoyed it!!! Thank you for the reads and votes and comments!' Thank you so much again ❤️