007

Distinguish

GIYUU'S POV

GIYUU'S POV

The last time my dad and I spoke, it was around the start of the school year and now we're currently three months into the year. And he hasn't bothered to ask the question if I was doing okay.

Instead, he was in the living room screaming about the fight yesterday.

"You're not even halfway through the school year and you got into a fight?" He yelled, "you're lucky he didn't press charges!"

"Do I need to remind you that you don't live here anymore?" I finally spoke, leaning down on the couch I picked up my shoes and started to slip them on. That was a small pause and I could feel the tension start to grow, knowing where this was about to go.

I knew I had to leave this room or the house at this very moment before he blew out on me.

He held a look of disappointment before letting out a small sigh, he reached over and loosen his tie "answer my question." He demanded.

"Why?" I tilted my head, wanting to hold back my chuckle I finally stood up and grabbed onto a nearby sweater. "You're not going to believe me either way."

Walking towards the table, I hook my finger onto my keys slowly making my way down the hallway. My steps echo and I could still feel his eyes burning into my back. Slipping my sweater on, I shook off the feeling, as soon as my hand touched the doorknob he wanted to ask one more question.

"I gave you everything, what more do you want?"

It was the same stupid question and we both knew the answer to it. I wanted my mom more than anything else in the world. Something he could never replace or fill in my heart but knowing that she was always suffering it would be selfish of me to keep wanting her to be here with me.

I slammed the door shut and walked down the driveway, swinging the keys around my finger and picking out what vehicle I wanted to take.

But I needed something that could help me take my mind off things. And I knew exactly what I needed.

I slid my helmet on, propping myself down the motorcycle. After shifting my weight, I started to take a few steps before finally taking off.

My hands tightened around the throttle, while my eyes began to sting. I could feel the tears forming causing my vision to blur for a split second before blinking the tears away.

Remembering how pale she looked laying in her casket, and how she didn't look herself.

But knowing that she was in there because of me.

I always like to imagine how different things would be if she was still here. Maybe I would still be craving for my dad's love, but I wouldn't mind sticking by her side forever and help taking care of her.