Chapter 2

The next morning, Noah went to the loft.

"You better be sure of this Hale, because I've lost my son, and I have no fucking clue where he is."

"Wait, what do you mean, you were going to take him to his Aunts house this morning?." Derek said.

"I was, but when I told him that I was taking him to stay with his Aunt Maggie, he went straight up to his room, and packed a couple of bags. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was leaving, like I wanted him to. I told him him that I would take him in the morning, and he said it would be difficult since his Aunt Maggie died two years ago. I didn't even know. So I took his keys off him, the ones for his jeep, told him he wasn't going anywhere, and he could stay until we found somewhere for him to stay. He said that everything had been taken from him, his father, his friends, his home, he said I couldn't take the jeep too, its all he has left of his mother. I had already broken him, I couldn't take that away from him too, so he took the keys and left."

"So we dot know where he is, or where is he is going?" Scott asked.

"No. We don't have any other family, so he could be anywhere."

Derek was freaking out. He had sent his mate away, thinking he was going to be safe, living with his Aunt, and now he could be anywhere, living on the streets for all he knew.  "Did he take his phone?." 

"No, he left his phone, his laptop, his credit cards. Everything we could use to track him."

"Shit." Derek growled. "Wait, we could track his jeep."

Noah sighed. "Stiles had fake plates in the boot of the jeep. He will most likely change them. If he doesn't want to be found, then he wont be."

"You are all fucking idiots." Peter growled.

"We did this to save him Peter, the Alpha pack wanted him. For some reason, they think he is has immense power. We couldn't let them take him, only to find out he doesn't, and then probably kill him."

"He has no one left. Do you know what that does to a person. Because I do. You and Laura left me, remember. I was alone, in a hospital bed for six years, everyone thinking I was in a coma but really I was trapped inside  my own fucking head, with nothing to do but re-live that night over and over and over again. You don't know anything about what it feels like to have no one. You had a choice Derek, and you chose to push away your mate. Someone who is supposed to be your other half, the reason you want to get up in a morning, your soulmate. I didn't have a choice, you weren't in that house Derek, you weren't running around trying to save your family, trying to save your mate, and child, and having to watch them burn in front of your eyes. You still blame me for what I did to Laura, but can you blame me for how I was back then, after what I had to go through. Stiles understood, he was the only one. The only one in this damn pack that actually listened to others, and helped when ever it was needed. God he has saved you enough times. We could have protected him without hurting him, without pushing him away, from everyone he loves."

Everyone in the room looked horrified. They had never really heard what Peter went through, and now to think that Stiles is alone because of them, hurts.

"I'm sorry for what I put you through Peter, I didn't know what it was like for you all those years. Look, whats done is done, we cant change it. Once the Alpha pack has gone, we will find Stiles, and we will bring him home."

Scott turned to Lydia after hearing her gasp. She was trying not to scream. she couldn't keep it in and she screamed.

"SSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLEEEEEESSSSSSS"

The whole pack burst into tears. They had kicked Stiles out of the pack to save him, to protect him, he had only been gone 18 hours and he was dead.

Derek was hyperventilating, having lost his mate. He could feel it, his chest hurt. The mate bond had broken. The sheriff was blaming everyone, even himself. He should never have agreed to go along with Derek's plan. He has lost his son. He promised Claudia he would always protect him, always be there for him. He failed her, he failed himself, but most of all, he failed his son. 

**

Stiles had left California, and he was now in Washington. He had been driving 18 hours on and off, just having little pits stops to rest and eats something. He was surprised that Roscoe made it that far. He was really tired now, and needed to find somewhere to have a proper sleep. He saw a sign up ahead saying welcome to Forks. He had stopped at a red light, and took in the scenery around him. It was beautiful, mountains, covered in snow, and he could see the ocean too. The weather was totally different to California. The roads were icy and slippy, and it was cold and wet. He had been too distracted looking at the scenery, that he didn't notice the horn that was sounding in front of him. When he looked, there was a truck sliding on the road, and looked like it was unable to stop. It was coming directly for him at full speed. Stiles put the jeep into gear, and tried to move out of the way, but it was too late. The truck drove straight into him, sending the jeep over a cliff.

Stiles slowly opened his eyes, and realized he was still alive. He saw the truck above him hanging over the edge of the cliff, it wasn't stable and could fall any minute. He needed to get out of the jeep, but his seat belt was stuck. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The truck descended and landed on part of the jeep, crushing Stiles legs. Stiles vision was going blurry, he was loosing the fight to live, the last thing he remembers is someone coming towards him like a flash of lightning, someone with beautiful golden eyes.