Chapter 26

A week had passed. Everyone had been training, either within their own group or with the others.

Sam was having issues with Leah. She refused to train. She hadn't even met any of the Hale-McCall yet.

The Hale-McCall pack had heard about the engagement, and were happy for Stiles, Derek tried his best to be happy for him, but he wasn't fooling anyone. He tried to stay away from him as much as he could.

Whilst everyone was training, Carlisle took Noah house shopping.  Noah didn't want anything too big, and he wanted to be close to Stiles, but not too close. The options were, a house near to where Charlie Swan lives, which Noah liked but thought it might be too big for him.  The other option was a small one story house near to where Billy Black lives. He did really like it, it had 2 bedrooms, a living room and kitchen, and a bathroom. He didn't need anymore than that. Both Carlisle and Noah had an argument, because Carlisle offered to pay the deposit for the house. Noah still had to sell his house in Beacon Hills, and it could take a while. He didn't want Carlisle money, but he also didn't want to lose the chance to buy this house, because of money issues, so he reluctantly agreed.

"Stiles is family, so you're family now Noah. I know you moving here, has made Stiles even happier, and we would love to be able to help you."

"Thank you. Not just for this, but everything you have done for Stiles. You have been a better father to him than I have."

"That's not true, He loves you Noah. Yes, you made a mistake, but you are here now, making this big move to be with him. From now on forget everything that happened in the past and just look forward. Be his father now."

Noah nodded. "I can do that."

"Good, because that is all he wants."

When they got back, The Hale-McCall pack were at the Cullen's. 

"So how did it go pops?." Stiles asked as soon as his dad walked in.

"Well I found one, Carlisle has put a deposit down on it for me."

"That's great. I didn't think you would find anything that quick."

"What did you find?." Scott asked.

"I found a house. I'm moving here." Noah said

"What, you can't. Beacon Hills is your home." Scott said.

"Not without Stiles, it isn't."

"But my mum, your just going to leave her." 

"Scott, I know you wanted me and your mum to get together, but its never going to happen. My place is where my boy is, and that is here."

Scott was about to say something else, but he saw Stiles scowl at him, so he kept quiet and  sulked in the corner. He still didn't understand why Stiles didn't want to come home, but he had stopped mentioning it. The last time he did, he got thrown into a tree by Stiles, and it hurt.

**

After the others had left, Noah stayed a little longer

"Dad, did you and Melissa ever go out?."

"No, she asked me once on a date, but it didn't feel right. Maybe because she was your mum's friend, I don't know."

"You know, I wouldn't be opposed to you seeing anyone. I know you loved mum, but you need to be happy too dad."

I actually started seeing someone a while back, but after what happened with you, I pushed him away."

"Him? also when did you have time. When you weren't working you were with Chris at the gun range." 

Noah raised his eyebrow.

Stiles eyes widened so big they looked like they were going to burst. "You and Chris really?.  I cant blame you, I mean he is hot."

"Stiles." Noah scoffed.

"What, he's a DILF"

"Yes, well obviously its not going to happen now."

"Dad, I don't want you to sacrifice your happiness because of me."

"I'm not Stiles. I am where I want to be. "

"Well was it serious?."

"It could have been, I guess. I pushed him away before it did."

"You still could make a go of it, with him."

"No, it's over between us. I'm staying here with you."

"You have to go back at some point to pack up the house, and put it up for sale. You could talk to him."

"I don't need anyone else Stiles. I'm okay as I am, as long as I have you." Noah said, but he wasn't very convincing. 

**

Stiles decided to ring Chris.

Chris: Hello

Stiles: Hi Chris it's Stiles.

Chris: Omg Stiles it is true. Deaton said that you were alive and living in Forks, Washington. He said that's where your dad and the pack are?

Stiles: Yeah, there all here, didn't Allison tell you?.

Chris:  No, she just said she was going somewhere with the pack and left. How are you alive Stiles, Your dad said that Lydia screamed for you?

Stiles: Long story short, I had a car accident, found my true mate and was turned into a vampire.

Chris: A vampire, Shit, how did your dad take the news.

Stiles: He's okay about it, actually that's why I'm ringing. My dad is selling the house, and moving here.

Chris: Oh right, I take it your not coming back then

Stiles could tell that Chris sounded upset after hearing about his dad moving.

Stiles: No I'm not. He told me about you and him.

Chris: He did?

Stiles: Yeah, he said after thinking I was dead he pushed you away.

Chris:  He was grieving. I was giving him some time and hoping..... You know, never mind

Stiles: No go on, what was you hoping.

Chris: I was hoping he would let me back in. I really care about him Stiles. But he is moving now so I guess I need to forget about us being together.

Stiles: You don't have to.

Chris: He's in another state Stiles. What do you want me to do?.

Stiles: You could come here.

Chris: I can't just move

Stiles: Why, what's keeping you there Chris

Chris: Allison for one

Stiles: That's bullshit. Allison will be going to college or university so she will be moving out. You can't use that excuse.

Chris: Stiles, if your dad wanted to be with me, he would have told me and asked me himself.

Stiles: As far as I am aware, you're the first person he has dated since my mum, so you must mean something to him, he let you in, and he doesn't do that easily.
Be the braver man and make the first move, before it's too late for both of you because we both know my dad won't do it. I'm getting married in a few weeks, take some time to think it over, I will send you the invite. If you want to give it a go with my dad, I will see you at the wedding.

Chris: Okay, I will think about it. Congratulations by the way.

Stiles: Thanks Chris, and remember, you deserve happiness too.

Stiles hung up the phone.